Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/6/2003 10:07:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/6/2003 10:33:01 AM EDT by LTCetme]
I just found this out today.

As of 30 Oct we are no longer required to buy that $10 permit to purchace a handgun. Think of it as a free box of ammo to go with the new gun!

JIM
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:16:02 AM EDT

Pistol permit? WTF?

What permit?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:32:36 AM EDT
The $10 purchace permit that you need to buy from the court house. Mabey it is only a Virginia Beach/ Norfolk thing but I thought it was for the whole state.

JIM
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:45:41 AM EDT
good news, I had not purchased any handguns in Va beach because of that.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:46:42 AM EDT
Yeah, must be Va Beach only.......nothing like that up here.

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:01:36 PM EDT
Nope Norfolk does it too. I did it ONCE because I wanted the damn gun NOW! Not a few days later when I was back in town. Bob's in Norfolk has a store in Carrolton just for that purpose...buy a gun in Norfolk, pick it up in Carroltin, no tax, er excuse me "Purchase Permit Fee".

Even had to get finger printed too. I'm glad that it's no longer required, I might celebrate with a new handgun.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:27:39 PM EDT
Do you people even read the VCDL stuff I post on here?
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:15:57 PM EDT
Ouch, who threw that Va-gunnut?

I hardly drop by arfcom anymore and even then it's at a glance. I did notice that Steve started a clone topic.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:52:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:

Not as often as I should, but yes, I do and I thank you for it. Were it not for you, I would not have voted for McBride in the PW County Supervisors race. Unfortunately, he didn't win, but that is an office I just would not have voted in due to ignorance. Keep it up.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:03:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cliffy109:

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:

Not as often as I should, but yes, I do and I thank you for it. Were it not for you, I would not have voted for McBride in the PW County Supervisors race. Unfortunately, he didn't win, but that is an office I just would not have voted in due to ignorance. Keep it up.

Well as long as one person is getting something out of them.

I think I should of put a different title on the thread that covered this permit info.
Top Top