Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 6:21:52 PM EDT
This is what I get for trying to get some work done around the house.

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats a hell of a papercut!  Yummy!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#2]
no ak shooting for you cuz it will sting like bee.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Jerking off too vigourously huh???  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Jerking off too vigourously huh???  

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:20:32 AM EDT
[#5]
That's why children shouldn't play with sharp pointed objects.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't get it.  How'd you manage to get 10 pound test line in your finger?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]
DETAILS????

I demand details.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Now if you tell us you did that while working on a gun, you'll be up for an advanced WECSOG degree.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Now you can't shoot John Woo style anymore 'till it heals.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#10]
As soon as that heals you need to replace that ugly countertop in the background and see if you can mangle any more diggits.HeeHee
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
As soon as that heals you need to replace that ugly countertop in the background and see if you can mangle any more diggits.HeeHee

I did this damage while working with a utility knife and a piece of plexi-glass. Unfortunately the countertop will be with me for awhile longer. My kitchen will be the last room to be renovated. I will see what damage I can do while working on something different.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Youch!!!

That had to hurt.

Glad nothing else got damaged!

How long did the doc say to keep the stitches in?

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#13]
He told me I could come back and have them removed in 10 days or so. I took them out while on vacation last week instead.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:45:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Ouch ! Trigger finger was the one that did it. Lucky for you, Mr. Johnson was not in the vicinity.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:46:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ouch ! Trigger finger was the one that did it. Lucky for you, Mr. Johnson was not in the vicinity.

Luckily, I usualy don't work with that while working with utility knives.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:30:51 AM EDT
[#16]
nasty cut...

OT - Hey Anthony - we finally got our NRA Pistol Intructor's course done up here. John Ford drove up over the weekend and did the deal. We actually even passed the test at the end !!!!

Actually, Longshot aced the freakin test!! Some of us missed one or two but i ain't tellin.

Thanks for hooking us up with him. He had (great) things to say about you and the gang down there but i aint tellin on that one either
(jes kiddin)

DD
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
nasty cut...

OT - Hey Anthony - we finally got our NRA Pistol Intructor's course done up here. John Ford drove up over the weekend and did the deal. We actually even passed the test at the end !!!!

Actually, Longshot aced the freakin test!! Some of us missed one or two but i ain't tellin.

Thanks for hooking us up with him. He had (great) things to say about you and the gang down there but i aint tellin on that one either
(jes kiddin)

DD

That's great! I'm glad that you guys were able to get the class done after all. The group from down here just got their credentials from the NRA last week. John is a great guy, and realy gives all his has to the job. Hopefully he will be able to help you guys in the future. We were thinking about doing the Personal Protection class next. I don't know if anyone from NOVA wanted to come down for that, or if John would be willing to drive up your way again for those interested. Just something to think about.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That's great! I'm glad that you guys were able to get the class done after all. The group from down here just got their credentials from the NRA last week. John is a great guy, and realy gives all his has to the job. Hopefully he will be able to help you guys in the future. We were thinking about doing the Personal Protection class next. I don't know if anyone from NOVA wanted to come down for that, or if John would be willing to drive up your way again for those interested. Just something to think about.

Yup, personalprotection is next. We did have several conversations about it. John F. did prefer that he did only one class for 8, so with the holidays looming in the horizon, most likely, we where talking about sometime late winter or so next year. I'm glad you got the certs. Time to teach newbies who will buy firearms this Christmas, the "NRA way" LOL.
DD
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Now you know if we schedule a class during the winter, we will have a blizzard that weekend?

Talk it over with the guys up there and once you find out a date that is good for you, let me know and I will discuss it with the others from this area.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#20]
The worst thing about a cut like that is the few minutes immediately afterwards when you KNOW you did a dumbass stunt and you just wish you could take it back.  Then reality sets in and you take care of business.

I'll bet that hurt like hell after a couple of hours, didn't it?

I'm extremely paranoid about being cut.  I carefully assess the situation when I have to cut ANYTHING, and make very sure that even in a worst-case slip, no part of my anatomy is going to be in the path of disaster.

Plexiglas may be the very worst thing to score and cut, from a safety factor.  You have to apply so much pressure that any slip is going to have dire consequences if you're in the blade's way.

I polish Japanese swords as one of my hobbies. It's actually a very complex and labor-intensive sharpening process, and nothing makes you careful like handling a 28 inch razor blade with your bare hands while working to make it still sharper and smoother.   A person who can complete this task from start to finish and not even nick himself has truly learned blade safety practices and lives them.    I'm pleased to say that I just recently achieved this goal, and the blade is beautiful, too!

CJ
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The worst thing about a cut like that is the few minutes immediately afterwards when you KNOW you did a dumbass stunt and you just wish you could take it back.  Then reality sets in and you take care of business.

I'll bet that hurt like hell after a couple of hours, didn't it?

I'm extremely paranoid about being cut.  I carefully assess the situation when I have to cut ANYTHING, and make very sure that even in a worst-case slip, no part of my anatomy is going to be in the path of disaster.

Plexiglas may be the very worst thing to score and cut, from a safety factor.  You have to apply so much pressure that any slip is going to have dire consequences if you're in the blade's way.

I polish Japanese swords as one of my hobbies. It's actually a very complex and labor-intensive sharpening process, and nothing makes you careful like handling a 28 inch razor blade with your bare hands while working to make it still sharper and smoother.   A person who can complete this task from start to finish and not even nick himself has truly learned blade safety practices and lives them.    I'm pleased to say that I just recently achieved this goal, and the blade is beautiful, too!

CJ

It didn't really hurt that bad, but I was quite pissed about the whole thing. At first I was really pissed because I still had a lot to do around the house. I did finish cutting the plexiglas after I bandaged the finger, and then installed it before going to the hospital. What aggravated the most was that I had washed all the bed linens in the house that day and still had to put them back on the beds when I got back from the hospital. It was a nice challenge putting a fitted sheet on the mattress of a top bunk with one hand.

I am really going to be pissed when the bill comes in the mail.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm guessing $800 to $1500 for the emergency room bill.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:44:17 AM EDT
[#23]
VA you should have just had one of the kids sew it up.  It would have been good training.  "Now while you're doing this I want you to ignore everything I say, and hand daddy that bottle over there"  Plus it would have made for a better story.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry to hear about your fun VA-gunnut!  I did the same thing to the inside of a few of my fingers several weeks ago.  I hope you had a new, sharp blade on your knife!  I did, and it really didn't hurt as bad as it should.

Black Fox

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I can't believe the fox came out of his den.

It wasn't that sharp of a blade but it still wasn't to bad.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh, I'm still here!  Just not a lot to say these days.  

Sorry I missed BRD.  I look forward to getting together with everyone on the Spring....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top