Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2003 7:30:31 AM EDT
I need some help from all of you NOVA folks. My hunting season will be seriously curtailed this year. Probably only Saterday hunts and only 2-3 of these, unless I can find one of you generous folks that has some land within a 30 minute to an hour drive of Arlington and will let me hunt in the evenings out there. I can get my schedule changed so that I can get off work at 2 in the afternoon and haul tail to somewhere near. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Joe
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:33:08 AM EDT
If you bow hunt, Ft. Belvoir has lotteries to get on the base. Well, they used to anyway.....might have changed since 9/11/01.

Also, Mason Neck does an annual, or bi-annual, clearing hunt lottery. Might try that too.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:36:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SHIVAN:
If you bow hunt, Ft. Belvoir has lotteries to get on the base. Well, they used to anyway.....might have changed since 9/11/01.

Also, Mason Neck does an annual, or bi-annual, clearing hunt lottery. Might try that too.

Don't do the bow. They still do it at Belvoir. Trying to get a muzzy barrel for for my mossberg 500 before the season. I'll check out Mason Neck, Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:44:36 AM EDT
Oh, Quantico does one too, similar to Belvoir, though I hear it's kinda sketchy as far as safety goes -- i.e. too many hunters in too small and area.

Private land will have to be outside of Fairfax County. There is no discharging a firearm in Fairfax. Maybe on the outskirts of Loudoun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:34:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2003 10:35:16 AM EDT by grywlf52]
The lottery for Mason Neck is already done. The date to be in before was before Aug 31. I heard about the "duck" hunt at Quantico. I think I'll forgo that chance. Looks like I will just have to hope a generous individual catches this thread and lends a helping hand.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:39:43 AM EDT
Get a hold of me in November. I hunt a 750 acre farm out in Rappohannock County which is about 90 minutes from Arlington. I only hunt on Thursdays so if you can get a day off, I'll get you out there.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:00:55 PM EDT
Thanks Cliffy,
I'll be sure to get ahold of you then. I might be able to squeeze a full day out of the boss. You da man.
Top Top