Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 10:56:40 AM EDT
Yesterday, I shot the Ironman 250 out a Bull Run.  This is a shotgun match which has 250 targets in a 4 hour time span.  It was rough.  

First was the sporting clays course.  I'm normally pretty good at clays but I sucked badly yestersay.  I shot a 30 and it was an easy course.  I should have been closer to 40.  

Five stand was next.  I scored a respectible 17, which is about my normal.

Next up was skeet.  I hate skeet.  I shot a 17 in normal skeet and 39 in doubles skeet.  The 17 isn't so hot but 39 was passable.

Then came wobble trap.  The first round, I shot a 23.  The next round, one guy saw I was on track for a perfect score and hollered over, "Going for 25 eh?" to which I responded "shut up" and promptly missed my only target of the round for a 24.

Finally, we shot trap.  I am not a trap shooter.  My high score in trap is 20 and I haven't shot it in 3 years, except for once in a winter Ironman league back in December.  I shot a 24!  Then came back up trap with has you starting at the 18 yard line and backing up for each station and finishing at the 29 yard line.  In the winter league, I scored a nine.  Yesterday, I hit 17 and was really happy.

So, out of 250 targets, I hit 191.  I'll take it.  My clavicle is killing me, as is my lower back.  The shoulder itself is unbruised due to correctly fitting shotguns and good mounts but my bones ache.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]

I shot 175 targets two weeks ago after not shooting for about 3 weeks.

No bruise, but I also ached a bit.

There is a reason they call it the Ironman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top