Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 5:58:37 AM EDT
I'll be there around 6pm. Anyone else going to be there ?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Count me in. I'll get there at 5 to sight in my CZ.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a good chance I'll be there.  I may be going fishing instead but it is looking more and more that the trip is cancelled.  If so, I'll be there with the new batch of FALs and a battle pack of ammo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Where do you fish, Cliffy?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where do you fish, Cliffy?

It depends.  During the spring and fall, I concentrate on bass in the Potomac.  During the summer, I split my time between stripers in the vicinity of the 301 bridge and various species in the Chesapeake.  

The trip I was hoping to take this week is one I do 5 or 6 times a summer.  I leave work at 5 and drive down to Gwynn's Island in Matthews county.  Me and two friends stay at the Islander hotel which is right on the water.  We fish and drink heavily right in front of the hotel.  The next day, we fish the Piankatank river and (if the winds are calm) the main bay.  It is mostly light tackle action with artificials for speckeled trout, weakfish, stripers (catch and release only), flounder, croaker and blues.  Sometimes, we will anchor up and try for cobia as well.

We drive home Thursday evening and can be back at work on Friday.  

If anyone here is interested in stuch a trip, let me know.  I've got a 20' Ranger bay boat and I try to get out for this several times during the summer.  Weather and scheduling problems prevented it this year so far.

Oh yeah... since Wednesday is my only evening off during the week, it is either shooting or fishing every week.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm confirmed... I'm not going fishing this week so I'll be at the NRA range around 5:30ish.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Oncall ends tomorrow afternoon, so I will be there.  Cliffy, I'll bring the FAL w/Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Good deal Motopix.  I ended up with an EOTech on one of mine so it will be a good side by side.  

I'll also have four different FALs there so anybody who thinks they might want to build one of these, stop by and say hello.  This will be a good opportunity to see some of the different configurations like type 1 and 3 uppers and lowers and STG versus Imbel.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll be shooting a couple of lever actions :)

no black rifles probably.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Angst,
Do you have any interest in a Marlin 30A?  I have one I'd like to sell. I'll bring it if you want to check it out.  I got it from a friend who hunted with it.  It shows some wear but has been shot very little.

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I should be able to make it.  I probably won't there till sometime after 6 though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:41:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Angst,
Do you have any interest in a Marlin 30A?  I have one I'd like to sell. I'll bring it if you want to check it out.  I got it from a friend who hunted with it.  It shows some wear but has been shot very little.

No, next 2 levers I buy are gonna be cowboy guns. Uberti 1873 , and a Win 94 trapper in .357
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't you guys ever shoot there on the weekends?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#13]
With the unwashed teeming masses? Heck no.

OK, I do sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Weekend?  What's that?  Oh yeah... I forgot, some folks have those off from work.  Lucky dog.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Weekend?  What's that?  Oh yeah... I forgot, some folks have those off from work.  Lucky dog.  

What a minute !!! Is this the same guy who hunts,shoots,fishes and buys guns when ever he want complaining about working weekends PLllllllllllllllllllllllllllease
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a minute !!! Is this the same guy who hunts,shoots,fishes and buys guns when ever he want complaining about working weekends PLllllllllllllllllllllllllllease

Ummm... nevermind.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#17]
As usual, a good time was had by all, except for the wall, which ANGST shot a few times.

Saw and shot Cliffy's new FAL builds, and they're all schweet.

Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#18]
That wall got hit more than a few times.  Then when I was packing up from my lane I heard a guy in the next lane over tattling to the RO.  

I wish I hadn't missed the FALs, but dinner was waiting.  Squib was there earlier to meet Cliff but I thought I saw him leave before I did.  Did he ever meet up with you guys?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#19]
How did you hit the wall ANGST?

Hmm???
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#20]
In his defense, we were on lane 1 and had too much crap all over the place. It was an angle thing, not an accuracy thing.

Ed, I drifted the rear sight on the HK to dead center and, surprise!! the pistol shot dead center.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Gee, we were on lane 12 and never hit the wall.  Course, we weren't shootin' none a dem leever action cowboy guns neither
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ed, I drifted the rear sight on the HK to dead center and, surprise!! the pistol shot dead center.

I knew that thing was gonna be a shooter.....

Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Now if I can just get my handgun skills up to the level of the pistol....
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:55:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Gee, we were on lane 12 and never hit the wall.  Course, we weren't shootin' none a dem leever action cowboy guns neither

Dem Merican gunz wuz shootin' juuuuus' fine.  It wuz dat goldern natzi pistol dat wuz shootin crookid.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I was shooting my Beretta 92, and hitting way down near the 50 yard line. Gator and I were sharing a lane and we had too much crap piled up on the left side, half step to the left I would of been fine.

All the levers shot straight :)
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Sorry I missed most of you.  I got delayed at work and didn't get there until about 6:20 and had to wait for a lane.  I didn't get to shoot until about 6:45.

Maybe next week.  I'll have to see whats on the fishing schedule.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Friend of mine went on thursday , he said only 4 lanes were being used, noone really showed up til 8pm .

I think EVERYONE goes on wednesday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top