Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 4:44:12 PM EDT
Who's going besides me and Va Gunnut

You guys want to Eat lunch again?

How about the tidewater crew, you guys
coming up ?

www.cegunshows.com/richmond.htm
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:41:30 PM EDT
I could only do Sunday, have to work Saturday. But if anybody's still stuck in the mud by then, I'm there!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:00:50 PM EDT
Now how did you know I was going to be there again?

Yes, I will be there Saturday morning as always. I think I am going to get there extra early this time. I also am going to wish for nice weather in the hopes that it won't be to crowded this time. Given the news of the new AWB bill, I think it is going to be more crowded then the last show.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:53:14 AM EDT
cmymud,

Where are you having lunch at? I just bought 8000rds of Port 308 from Sportsmansguide. I need to pick up some more items at the show!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:06:16 AM EDT
I'll be out of town that weekend. Sucks because I need a few things...plus I've got a winch for sale...if it rains it'd be an easy sell!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:49:48 AM EDT
I'll be at the shop all day (9am-6pm) on Saturday the 17th, but will probably try to get out the the show on Sunday.

Feel free to stop on by DeGoff's and say hi though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:38:03 AM EDT
I may get there, I will have to sneek out under the radar though as I have been travelling a lot lately! Need to find some hardwood grips, seems that Richmond has a great shortage of them. The only place to even stock is DeGoff's and they didn't have much.

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:53:18 AM EDT
I may make the drive from Virginia Beach if I'm not out of town. I'll be on the look out for a Bushmaster Superlight , more ammo, more magazines, a USP40 compact, another carry case, more ammo....UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:53:34 AM EDT
I'll be there Saturday, need to pick up a EA lower for my Beowulf project. Never met any guys from here yet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:43:59 AM EDT
I'll be there on Saturday. Maybe we should wear a recognition item or something.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:42:06 PM EDT
We usely meet at the VCDL table around noon .
Last time we went to the Mexico.
It was plenty big and good food.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:42:44 PM EDT
I'll be there.

This is my first time in VA - how bad is it with the Nazi paraphernelia? My buddy I'll be dragging along is an Isreali and I need to know how much to prepare him for.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:25:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Adam_White:
I'll be there.

This is my first time in VA - how bad is it with the Nazi paraphernelia? My buddy I'll be dragging along is an Isreali and I need to know how much to prepare him for.

There isn't to much WWII stuff at this show. I did see a guy walking around in a German uniform at the last show. There is some memorabilia, but this is more of a modern show.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:46:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:

Originally Posted By Adam_White:
I'll be there.

There isn't to much WWII stuff at this show. I did see a guy walking around in a German uniform at the last show. There is some memorabilia, but this is more of a modern show.

Great - I haven't really seen much of the Nazi stuff in years but never know what to expect at a new show. For some reason the IL gun shos were full of it back in the early '90s. That whole "Blues Brothers" thing about "IL Nazis" has a definite ring of truth! I remember tables and tables of Nazi and SS equipment (that wasn't so bad) next to the iunevitable table with the always sawed off runt spouting Zionist conspiracy and Holocaust Denial crap. It was that latter guy that I was hoping would not be too prominent.

I'll check bac to this thread and make sure I coordinate with y'all for lunch at least.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:25:55 AM EDT
You know, I often wondered WTF Nazi shit always showed up at gun shows. No wonder the anti's think we're all freaks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:39:07 AM EDT
Can any of you volunteer at the VCDL booth this weekend?

I'm very light on volunteers for this show.
If you can give us just four hours of your time, we'd be
very grateful. If you've never helped before, it's easy and fun; we'll
pair you with a veteran and you'll get into the gun show for free. To find
out more about upcoming gun shows in your area and learn about
volunteering, go to www2.vcdl.org/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/vcdl/gs.html
and click on any of the bold blue text.

The following shifts need help:

Saturday 9:00AM - 1:00PM (need one person)
Saturday 1:00PM - 5:00PM (need two people)

Sunday 1:30PM - 5:00PM (need two people...I have nobody right now)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't forget to stop by the table and say hi! I'll probably be wearing a VCDL polo shirt.

Thanks,
Omar
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:45:40 PM EDT
Just as I thought, I'm going out of town for the rest of the week so I won't be able to meet up with you guys for lunch. Maybe next time. However, I'm going to be driving home on Sunday afternoon so I may swing by the Showplace before it shuts down. Maybe I can still find some ammo and mags.

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:12:51 PM EDT
So, no one else heading up on Sunday? I'm always in search of mags and ammo, but it looks like Quantico Arms is out of Eagle Arms lowers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:33:14 PM EDT
I called QA they say they should have them Monday , but might have a few at the show ??
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:48:45 PM EDT
What no scouting reports on the show? Any good deals worth the trip?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:21:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/17/2003 5:25:06 PM EDT by PVFD304]
Admission went up to $7.00 since the last one I went to. How much does it take to rent the Showplace? I guess you have to take a few dollars out to feed the insurance company. Does C&E pay for the Henrico Police to tag firearms?

Just a few questions...

QA had assembled lowers but I saw no stripped ones.

A friend found a Glock 27 at Dark Sun. I picked up some 30 Carbine ammo.

I had my eye on a Kimber Custom II, could not find one. Very few Kimber for some reason.

Has anyone had any good experiences with Tony from "Tony Custom Uppers" This is the second and last time I visit his table. Very rude little man.

Screw him.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:41:35 PM EDT
Had a great experience myself - wasn't shopping for any guns though.

Prices were the best I have seen at a show. Very little insanely expensive stuff.

I walked by one of you folks who was wearing a black arfcom shirt - I was on a mission with a deadline and it didn't register in my thick skull until after we passed each other. Never saw him again after that.

In all, I spent less than $500 and found damn near everything I was looking for except a Krag sling.

I never found the time for lunch - ate for the first time today at 5 pm.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:19:21 PM EDT
I thought todays gunshow was very good, especially compared to the last one. The best part was there was half the crowd as last time. Some reasonable prices on stuff, I saw some great condition GI mags for $15, and there were some half way decent deals on ammo.

I ran into a couple of other members from the site at the show. I even had a lurker come up and talk for a minute or two. I do know that cmymud and I had black ARFCOM shirts on. He's the one with the long hair though.

I did mangage to find some good stuff at the show. I picked up some more rifle cases, a new stock set for my SAR2, and a camel back.

PVFD, I dealt with Tony today. I had him put together a post-ban M4 upper for a friend of mine. Had him slip on an SIR while he was doing it. Tony is a very strange charactr to deal with on most days. He is very distance and can seem rude until you get to know him. His prices aren't the best out there but he can usually hook you up with something if you need it and he does know his stuff.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:36:06 PM EDT
Sounds like some deals there. Anyone going tomorrow?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:38:25 AM EDT
FOund a nice set of S&W N-frame grips. Walnut with medallions. Wasn't looking for any guns other than GI 1911's. There were very few and none that I found at a good price. I wanted to get out there again today as Wild Bill's holsters has a booth there. Really good leather but I was so pressed for time. If I make it there I'll be wearing a black football jersey with the number 34 on it (old Bo Jackson Raiders jersey). See ya'!

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:11:05 PM EDT
I made it on Saturday. Found a few things. Bought a couple refinished/rebuilt USGI M16 mags for $17.80 OTD + ammo, parts, slings, etc.

Whats up with all the gang-bangers? Not as many this show as I have seen previously but still quite a few. It is really sobering when you see the firepower some of these punks are carrying around. Good thing they don't know how to use it effectively.

Lit-up a couple lightsticks I bought at the show for my kids when I got home. They had a blast all evening playing "Star Wars" and pretending they were "Rescue Heroes" searching for survivors (played by the cat) from a cave-in (under the basement stairs). Best $2.00 I ever spent!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:18:27 PM EDT
Got two USGI 20's, two boxes of Remington "low-recoil" 00 buck, 1 box of slugs, and some cleaning gear on Sunday. I'm going out of town for Memorial Day, otherwise I'd go to Hampton Coliseum this weekend, couldn't find any .223 ammo.
Top Top