User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to WGN 9 news fingerprints aren`t required, but encouraged, I`m wondering if the delays are on people who didn`t submit fingerprints.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif
View Quote

Not across the board. Friend and his son both got theirs in 2 weeks with no fingerprints. Applied online in Nov of 21 and received just 2 weeks later. Buddies was a renewal and his sons was first time issue.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#2]
For the most part, the folks that applied a year ago are stuck working their way through the old system.  More recent folks are processed in the new system upgrade which is super fast.

Like getting stuck in the slow line at the checkout and you can't move to express!
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For the most part, the folks that applied a year ago are stuck working their way through the old system.  More recent folks are processed in the new system upgrade which is super fast.

Like getting stuck in the slow line at the checkout and you can't move to express!
View Quote

can someone please define "infringed" for me because, frankly, either I or Illinois are using the completely wrong definition of that word.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ahh....That makes sense now. In a "That makes no sense at all except to a bureaucrat" sort of way.

Thanks for that info @SwanHunter !

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

can someone please define "infringed" for me because, frankly, either I or Illinois are using the completely wrong definition of that word.
View Quote

Citizen, your improper, selfish attitude and opinion have been noted. You will be watched. You have been warned.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Today is my 1 year anniversary of renewing my CCW, and still no new card.

Unfreakingbelievable.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Still waiting for my wife's, renewed in august of 2020.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Today is my 1 year anniversary of renewing my CCW, and still no new card.

Unfreakingbelievable.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

Based on Swanhunters input above and my recent experience, you should be seeing it soon.
I applied in Dec of 2020 for CCW renewal and JUST received it today so about 1 yr and 3 months, absolutely freaking ridiculous.
I applied for FOID renewal in Dec of 2021 and received it just a few weeks later in Jan 22. Guess I am trying to give you hope that it MAY be coming along soon.....

@chumly2071
@Manticore_Arms
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I hear ya, Aside from needing a FOID AT ALL, they are breaking the law by not turning it around in <30 days which I believe is how the law is written.
If you are wrapped up for 1 day expired card, they can and will throw the book at you. Them breaking the law = no biggie
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Based on Swanhunters input above and my recent experience, you should be seeing it soon.
I applied in Dec of 2020 for CCW renewal and JUST received it today so about 1 yr and 3 months, absolutely freaking ridiculous.
I applied for FOID renewal in Dec of 2021 and received it just a few weeks later in Jan 22. Guess I am trying to give you hope that it MAY be coming along soon.....

@chumly2071
@Manticore_Arms
View Quote

My neighbors just today got their FOID renewals in the mail, 15 months turn around.  Both CCW holders.
Have not seen anything about my wife's CCW yet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I think this thread is legit for CCL as well?

12-XX-2020 - renewed CCL online

01-28-2022 - ISP prints a letter that application is incomplete and indicates that documentation must be provided within 60 days to prevent denial.
02-09-2022 - ISP postmarks the above letter
02-17-2022 - letter delivered

That's right folks ... ISP took 14 months to tell me I have 60 days to fix my renewal application then used 21 of my 60 days (35% of my reply window) before actually informing me I need to fix my renewal.

Is there a class action suit thread somewhere?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got my foid renewal, 34 days from application to mailbox.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Update to thread had me check the ISP site for my wife's status.  Submitted renewal August 2020, just was printed 2/25/22.  Assuming it is in the USPS alternate universe now.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think this thread is legit for CCL as well?

12-XX-2020 - renewed CCL online

01-28-2022 - ISP prints a letter that application is incomplete and indicates that documentation must be provided within 60 days to prevent denial.
02-09-2022 - ISP postmarks the above letter
02-17-2022 - letter delivered

That's right folks ... ISP took 14 months to tell me I have 60 days to fix my renewal application then used 21 of my 60 days (35% of my reply window) before actually informing me I need to fix my renewal.

Is there a class action suit thread somewhere?
View Quote

Updates:
The missing documentation was training certificate. Yup, they lost it, er, conveniently misplaced it.

03-09-2022 - Couldn't find a group renewal course so paid for private instructor to deliver renewal curriculum
03-11-2022 - I submitted new training cert online
06-15-2022 - online update that 'submission successful' and now awaiting printing

Legit nonsense.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Update to thread had me check the ISP site for my wife's status.  Submitted renewal August 2020, just was printed 2/25/22.  Assuming it is in the USPS alternate universe now.
View Quote

@chumly2071 - how many weeks from renewal submission to card in hand?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#17]
18 months, plus or minus from submittal to printing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
total bullshit!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I renewed a few weeks ago.  Took 10 days from clicking submit to arriving in my mail box.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

My neighbor submitted his application under the old system and had been waiting for over 18 months for his new FOID.  He died, so he no longer needs it.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top