Quoted:
Applied 5/6
Active 8/2
View Quote
Applied 3-14-19
Still under review 8-9-19
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
One of my students told me she applied on May 13th and received her FCCL on August 9th.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 5:19:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine shows Approved as of this morning 9/10/19. It shows paid on 5/20/19.

Finally.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Submitted 3-14 just got it 9-8. Incompetent state workers the dealer license law will be a fiasco!
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Submitted 3-14 just got it 9-8. Incompetent state workers the dealer license law will be a fiasco!
View Quote
This is longer than I experienced when getting applications done for my renewal and for 1st time applications done for my sons.  Shitty process yes but not as long as yours.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Got mine yesterday, on the 12th finally.

Submitted January 21st 2019,permit was to expire March 28th.

I credit my State Representative Mr Spain for getting mine finally.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't remember exactly when I mailed in my concealed carry renewal. It was in June before my June 25, 2019 expiration. I got the new one August 14, 2019. They also sent me a new FOID. Weird.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally got mine on 9/25...3 months shy of a year after I applied
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
They have 5 years until the next wave. Think they will be ready?
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I got the new FOID card shortly after my CCL as well. That makes three FOID cards in my possession that are within the expiration date.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I applied for my ccw renewal on 03/18/19 and it still is under review.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Submitted 06/26/19
Still under review 10/08/19

Based on the nine month lead time some of you have experienced, I guess I should expect approval sometime in March 2020.

ETA:
Issued: 10/22/19.
Received in mail: 10/25/19
Total time: 4 months.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Just a friendly bump/reminder to get those CCL renewals in!

Submitted and now under review: 10/13/19

My license had a 10/14/19 expiration - new babies have a tendency to derail one's focus lol, very glad I didn't forget to send it in
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Applied for renewal 4/7/19

Still under review as of 10/13

Since I'm a retired attorney with time on my hands I'm starting to consider making a day trip to Chicago to file a federal civil rights lawsuit.  I don't expect that to go anywhere but I wonder if they would issue it at that point just to make the case moot.

6 months is beyond ridiculous even for IL.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#15]
submitted renewal 3/18 . Still waiting....................
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#16]
what's the current wait for FOID renewal? Due for renewal  January 1, 2020, submitted renewal on October 17th, 2019. How screwed am I?
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 2:11:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
what's the current wait for FOID renewal? Due for renewal  January 1, 2020, submitted renewal on October 17th, 2019. How screwed am I?
View Quote
Renewals are supposed to take up to 60 business days.  If you submitted renewal while card is active, it remains active while processing even if expire date passes.  Should not be screwed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Renewals are supposed to take up to 60 business days.  If you submitted renewal while card is active, it remains active while processing even if expire date passes.  Should not be screwed.
View Quote
Except you cannot pass a background check while the FOID is expired.  Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Should not show as expired in that case

(b) Renewal applications shall be approved or denied within 60 business days, provided the applicant submitted his or her renewal application prior to the expiration of his or her Firearm Owner's Identification Card. If a renewal application has been submitted prior to the expiration date of the applicant's Firearm Owner's Identification Card, the Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall remain valid while the Department processes the application, unless the person is subject to or becomes subject to revocation under this Act. The cost for a renewal application shall be $10 which shall be deposited into the State Police Firearm Services Fund.
(Source: P.A. 100-906, eff. 1-1-19.)
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks. I bet you still get some grief if you try to buy anything don't you? How would that work anyway?
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

thanks. I bet you still get some grief if you try to buy anything don't you? How would that work anyway?
View Quote
Yeah, it is possible depending on store policies.  I've read cases of some being sticklers if card shows expired in spite of running it and having it come back active.   Same with using your CCL instead of FOID.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

(b) Renewal applications shall be approved or denied within 60 business days, provided the applicant submitted his or her renewal application prior to the expiration of his or her Firearm Owner's Identification Card. If a renewal application has been submitted prior to the expiration date of the applicant's Firearm Owner's Identification Card, the Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall remain valid while the Department processes the application, unless the person is subject to or becomes subject to revocation under this Act. The cost for a renewal application shall be $10 which shall be deposited into the State Police Firearm Services Fund.
(Source: P.A. 100-906, eff. 1-1-19.)
so, how does that affect your background checks.....?
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#23]
This thread just made me depressed and seeing the wait to go live times.

For the record, this is my own fault.

I’ve held a concealed carry license since 2014. I am/was .mil and have moved a few times. I’ve updated my address every-time  and it has cost me a hundo or so every time.

The genius that I am, I finally said fuck it since we were moving around the time my license was set to expire. I figured I’ll just kill 2 birds with one stone and change the address the same time I renew.

Nope. Not in the great state of Illinois. Now I get to retake the course.

What’s even worse is the other night we were driving and some idiots started doing idiot shit. My wife said “well at least you have your gun with you” and I simply replied “not today honey, I’m expired”
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This thread just made me depressed and seeing the wait to go live times.

For the record, this is my own fault.

I’ve held a concealed carry license since 2014. I am/was .mil and have moved a few times. I’ve updated my address every-time  and it has cost me a hundo or so every time.

The genius that I am, I finally said fuck it since we were moving around the time my license was set to expire. I figured I’ll just kill 2 birds with one stone and change the address the same time I renew.

Nope. Not in the great state of Illinois. Now I get to retake the course.

What’s even worse is the other night we were driving and some idiots started doing idiot shit. My wife said “well at least you have your gun with you” and I simply replied “not today honey, I’m expired”
View Quote
Did you not get renewal submitted before card expired?   Per the ISP, " if you are renewing your application, DO NOT choose "Edit Name/Address." You can update your address during the renewal application process".
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 1:01:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
LE databases like LEADS, NLETs, etc should return license inquiries as still active.  Which BG checks do you mean?  LGS policies might have an issue with selling to an expired printed card although they are active.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I submitted a CCL renewal on 7/25 and it is still under review (exp 8/11)

The same for my FOID, submitted 11/6 (EXP 12/1)

It's not like they stopped running the Background checks on me...this is silly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#27]
I did a change of address on 11/4. Still under review. $80 to change FOID and CCL address
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:28:51 AM EDT
[#28]
What happens to your ccw if you renew and it expires?
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 3:04:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What happens to your ccw if you renew and it expires?
View Quote
Submit your renewal before the expire date on the card and it stays active. Same with FOID
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m at 91 days with finger prints. I wrote my Rep and Senator today.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
LE databases like LEADS, NLETs, etc should return license inquiries as still active.  Which BG checks do you mean?  LGS policies might have an issue with selling to an expired printed card although they are active.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made a copy of my submission date receipt for my FOID and I plan to carry it while I'm carrying in my car. I also have a copy in my wallet. This all fucks with my plans of buying a Charter Arms .22 Pathfinder Snubbie over the internet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:00:55 AM EDT
[#32]
I called my rep’s office yesterday and got a call back today.

Supposedly, as I was told, applying to renew my FOID reset the calendar on my CCW renewal. Seems that they are wanting to use up all the available time they have by any means. My CCW will always expire in August and foid in December so this will be an ongoing issue.

The reps office did confirm that everything was in order and still valid.

I guess they just wanted to run even more background checks on me like they’ve done everyday for the last 10 years...
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I called my rep’s office yesterday and got a call back today.

Supposedly, as I was told, applying to renew my FOID reset the calendar on my CCW renewal. Seems that they are wanting to use up all the available time they have by any means. My CCW will always expire in August and foid in December so this will be an ongoing issue.

The reps office did confirm that everything was in order and still valid.

I guess they just wanted to run even more background checks on me like they’ve done everyday for the last 10 years...
View Quote
great, fantastic, it's at least a year between renewal of the FOID, and my CCW. Fucking assholes. Their fucking games preclude my buying across state lines. Fucking state.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I did a change of address on 11/4. Still under review. $80 to change FOID and CCL address
View Quote
My change of address is still under review...
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Let's not forget who swept almost $30,000,000 out of the ISP accounts related to the FOID and FCCL.  Remember this the next time a Democrat asks you for a campaign donation or your vote.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Per my last post, wrote my rep and senator at day 91, I’m now active at 95 days. No idea if that mattered or if it was just coincidence.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#37]
10/31/19 for address change to FOID and CCL nothing yet for either.  This is criminal.  Worst state to live in for taxes and gun rights.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#38]
What's the issue with buying stuff? Show your ID card, show your renewal receipt, show your money. If you want, carry the statute - and a link to the website - as well.

No?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Since I'm a retired attorney with time on my hands I'm starting to consider making a day trip to Chicago to file a federal civil rights lawsuit.  I don't expect that to go anywhere but I wonder if they would issue it at that point just to make the case moot.

View Quote
Forgot to update.  Received my CCW renewal just about 8 months to the day from application
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What's the issue with buying stuff? Show your ID card, show your renewal receipt, show your money. If you want, carry the statute - and a link to the website - as well.

No?
View Quote
It's supposed to take no more than 60days, you can't order over the internet from some place like Bud's if you want to because they require a copy of a valid FOID,  and why should we have to carry a copy of the state regs/statute with us in the first place? Let alone the fucking FOID card. The system is supposed to work. The system is wrong to begin with, it shouldn't be used to fuck us over. We shouldn't be jerked around. The only reason we have to carry that fucking card is because the Chicago dems decided in 1968 that they wanted everyone disarmed except the police.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Forgot to update.  Received my CCW renewal just about 8 months to the day from application
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, what legitimate legal recourse do citizens of Illinois have to remedy this? You make a good point that the squeaky wheel may get the grease just to keep the higher courts out of it but it can almost certainly be proven that at this point there is a systemic denial of rights occurring either as the result of outright malicious intent or sheer incompetence. I can't imagine the court that told Illinois that they had to start allowing citizens to conceal carry would be okay with the current state of affairs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 2:51:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's supposed to take no more than 60days, you can't order over the internet from some place like Bud's if you want to because they require a copy of a valid FOID,  and why should we have to carry a copy of the state regs/statute with us in the first place? Let alone the fucking FOID card. The system is supposed to work. The system is wrong to begin with, it shouldn't be used to fuck us over. We shouldn't be jerked around. The only reason we have to carry that fucking card is because the Chicago dems decided in 1968 that they wanted everyone disarmed except the police.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No?
Dude - I'm a Constitutional Carry, machine gun vending machines and recreational nukes kinda guy.

My point is that it's usually a 'valid' card and not an 'unexpired' card, right? Card + renewal receipt + $$ should = sale.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Dude - I'm a Constitutional Carry, machine gun vending machines and recreational nukes kinda guy.

My point is that it's usually a 'valid' card and not an 'unexpired' card, right? Card + renewal receipt + $$ should = sale.
View Quote
While true, I can not make an ammo purchase online because the address on my FOID is one that I do not live at anymore. It's still a valid card, I just can't do anything with it unless I want to get reamed by an LGS
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Serious question, what legitimate legal recourse do citizens of Illinois have to remedy this? You make a good point that the squeaky wheel may get the grease just to keep the higher courts out of it but it can almost certainly be proven that at this point there is a systemic denial of rights occurring either as the result of outright malicious intent or sheer incompetence. I can't imagine the court that told Illinois that they had to start allowing citizens to conceal carry would be okay with the current state of affairs.
View Quote
ISRA or IllinoisCarry or someone with some backing is going to have to take the issue to federal court and get an injunction.  I don't see any way for an individual to affect things due to the expense of litigation - it's going to take going to the 7th Circuit to force any real change, a major undertaking.  It sure seems like we have a good case to improve funding at the very least.  You can't have something that's a Constitutional right be a source of funding for general revenue.  There is just no way that passes legal muster using the least bit of consistency and logic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
While true, I can not make an ammo purchase online because the address on my FOID is one that I do not live at anymore. It's still a valid card, I just can't do anything with it unless I want to get reamed by an LGS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DOH! Forgot about that piece.

Reason 5,876 why IL sucks ...

Good luck!

ETA: ammo isn't straw purchase territory (IANAL) so maybe phone a friend?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

DOH! Forgot about that piece.

Reason 5,876 why IL sucks ...

Good luck!

ETA: ammo isn't straw purchase territory (IANAL) so maybe phone a friend?
View Quote
I've thought about it. But I will just wait.

11/4/2019 I submitted change of address
1/10/2020 FOID was supposedly approved and CCL is still under review.
1/15/2020 still no FOID in hand
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#48]
CCW and FOID name change OCT 31 2019 and still under review.  This state sucks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#49]
10/9/19 - Submitted for renewal

01/01/20 - FOID expired

01/15/20 - Issued

01/18/20 - Received

I was honestly shocked when I saw it after reading about everyone else waiting forever.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
10/9/19 - Submitted for renewal

01/01/20 - FOID expired

01/15/20 - Issued

01/18/20 - Received

I was honestly shocked when I saw it after reading about everyone else waiting forever.
View Quote
reading that I fully expect mine to go active next week...…..
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top