Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2017 12:19:53 AM EDT
I'm seeing these huge tax numbers from CO and wondering why the fuck doesn't the most broke state in the Union legalize Weed that could bring in hundreds of millions a year. This state is so broke it should be exploring all options to increase revenue and get spending under control. This would help with both. 
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I ask myself the same question.

Rauner pretty much depenalized weed last year by making the max fine for weed $200.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ask myself the same question.

Rauner pretty much depenalized weed last year by making the max fine for weed $200.
View Quote
It just seems like an obvious way to make money. That's not even including the tourism money from people coming to Chicago instead of Denver.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I was in Denver a couple weeks ago visiting relatives and couldn't believe the growth. Homes and apartments are being built everywhere you look. From what I was told, people are coming from all over the country. While it's a beautiful place (if you like mountains), I can't see what people are coming for other than legal weed.

As fast as Illinois is losing people and going broke, I'm surprised the legislature hasn't legalized it yet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Because our politicians make money off of it being illegal. The police union, prison system, and legal system all make $$$$ off it being illegal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Because marijuana is still illegal at the Federal level and Constitutionally no state can legalize something that is banned or regulated at the Federal level.  And no good can come from it,  why should we encourage drug addiction.  I`m against it because of  the kind of dumb  assholes I`ve known who are regular drug users.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Its coming soon.  This piece of shit state is running out of time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The other thing they are seeing in Colorado is what is referred to as "the slide."   People come to Colorado to live the "weed life"  end up getting hooked on harder drugs, and eventually end up homeless, or near homeless.  Tons of people wandering around in ratty clothing, unkempt, and either begging for money or doing drugs out in the open.  It is particularly rampant in Colorado Springs.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Well thankfully we already have a head start on that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The other thing they are seeing in Colorado is what is referred to as "the slide."   People come to Colorado to live the "weed life"  end up getting hooked on harder drugs, and eventually end up homeless, or near homeless.  Tons of people wandering around in ratty clothing, unkempt, and either begging for money or doing drugs out in the open.  It is particularly rampant in Colorado Springs.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
This is exactly why I do not want them to legalize it here unless it gets legalized nationally first.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Only IL could figure out a way to f' up a cash cow such as mj.

Let's place a huge burden on people who want to open a grow house.  Let's place huge burden on people who want to open a dispensary.  Let's place a huge tax burden on the product.

Let's limit the number of "acceptable" illnesses that a DR can prescribe mj for.

From what I've heard, it's still cheaper on the street.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 2:03:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Only IL could figure out a way to f' up a cash cow such as mj.

Let's place a huge burden on people who want to open a grow house.  Let's place huge burden on people who want to open a dispensary.  Let's place a huge tax burden on the product.

Let's limit the number of "acceptable" illnesses that a DR can prescribe mj for.

From what I've heard, it's still cheaper on the street.
View Quote
I'm eligible for the card but I'd be worried the state police would revoke my CCL and FOID. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
We visited Colorado Springs but I didn't notice the tons of homeless people. I mentioned "the slide" to the people I know there and they hadn't heard the term. I did see panhandlers while we were there but I see them in Chicago pretty often as well.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm eligible for the card but I'd be worried the state police would revoke my CCL and FOID. 
View Quote
While that may have occurred initially, it is not supposed to happen now.   Federal consequences are a different issue.  From the ISPFSB FAQ:

https://ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

Q) If I am a qualifying patient or designated caregiver pursuant to the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act and hold a valid Medical Cannabis Card, are my Firearms Owners Identification Card and Concealed Carry License still valid?

A) Medical marijuana cardholders will not have their FOID or CCL cards revoked, or be denied issuance of a FOID or CCL card, due to their status as a medical marijuana cardholder. Such cards are State-issued, governed by State law, and State law requires that a person's status as a medical marijuana cardholder not result in the denial of any right or privilege
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
With a marjaweene card, you can own and carry IN STATE.  
You can't buy from FFL and your rights are in question when outside of state.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:04:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We visited Colorado Springs but I didn't notice the tons of homeless people. I mentioned "the slide" to the people I know there and they hadn't heard the term. I did see panhandlers while we were there but I see them in Chicago pretty often as well.
View Quote
My brother lives in the Springs and I've been going out there regularly for 20 years. It's definitely changing. And not for the better.
http://www.csbj.com/2016/06/03/transient-population-posing-problems-manitou/
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#16]
We actually spent a day in Manitou Springs visiting the cliff dwellings and the cog railway to Pikes Peak. Maybe I'm oblivious but I didn't notice the proliferation of homeless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top