Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2017 7:33:59 PM EDT
Natalie Phelps Finnie,  Brandan Phelps cousin,  named as his replacement has filed bill

HB4143 Crim Cd Firearm Waiting Period

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4143&GAID=14&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=108202&SessionID=91

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that the 72 hour waiting period before delivery of a concealable firearm after application for its purchase has been made does not apply to a person who has been issued a valid license to carry a concealed handgun under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Effective immediately.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a common sense bill that should be passed.  The Democrats will never stand for it for no good reason and fight us every inch of the way.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a legitimate good idea-unexpected!
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is a common sense bill that should be passed.  The Democrats will never stand for it for no good reason and fight us every inch of the way.
View Quote
I wonder what excuses they will come up with. If someone has a CC permit, they likely already have one or more firearms.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Reading the full text, the 24 hr long gun waiting period wouldn't apply either.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I think several states have something similar . Really though with a ccw permit it would make sence
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:17:35 AM EDT
[#6]
That's how it worked in FL. Seems retarded to me that I have a waiting period after getting my CCL and dealing with their ridiculous training requirements and fee's. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top