User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2017 4:26:28 PM EDT
We would like to hear from you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We would like to hear from you.
View Quote

I sent him and the one other NRA rep I know an IM on Facebook a couple of days ago after the NRA sold us out. I saw that he read it, but I received no response.

I doubt he'll respond here either.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
OST
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Has Todd ever even posted over here?   I don't recall that happening and can only think of 2 places I've seen him post comments, Arfcom not being either of them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has Todd ever even posted over here?   I don't recall that happening and can only think of 2 places I've seen him post comments, Arfcom not being either of them.
View Quote
He posts at Illinois Carry, but I just checked and he hasn't posted there on the 7-page post on this topic.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He posts at Illinois Carry, but I just checked and he hasn't posted there on the 7-page post on this topic.
View Quote
I've seen him post comments on Capitol Fax gun stories when they go all rabid there.  

He did post in the IC "contact the NRA"  thread about this shooting has put all pro-2A legislation on hold.

While not exactly called out at the time, reading between the lines IMO there seems to have been a falling out to some degree between him and  illinoiscarry.  He seldom posts there now except for it seems important get out information now messages like during the spikes in getting the state dealer licensing bill roadblocked.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've seen him post comments on Capitol Fax gun stories when they go all rabid there.  

He did post in the IC "contact the NRA"  thread about this shooting has put all pro-2A legislation on hold.

While not exactly called out at the time, reading between the lines IMO there seems to have been a falling out to some degree between him and  illinoiscarry.  He seldom posts there now except for it seems important get out information now messages like during the spikes in getting the state dealer licensing bill roadblocked.
View Quote
So I wasn't the only one who noticed that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Todd posts here from time to time, but I haven't seen one in quite a while now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I know you read this.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Does he still post there? I Hadn't seen him since IC went neutral on a suppressor bill which contained terror watch list language.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
From posts on illinoiscarry, Todd is no longer an Illinois lobbyist for the NRA.   No further detail available at this time.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#11]
We spoke with Todd this morning and he said he was no longer contracted with NRA.  He is now working for a new group being put together of FFL dealers.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We spoke with Todd this morning and he said he was no longer contracted with NRA.  He is now working for a new group being put together of FFL dealers.
View Quote
Details on the group? Which type of FFL [dealers] are included?
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#13]
We don't know the scope of the group...I'm sure it includes some of the folks that are being targeted in the current dealer licensing bill we are fighting.
It is a group that Todd is working with.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:03:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ouch.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#15]
As posted on illinoiscarry from his facebook page

The Federal Firearms Licensees of Illinois, (FFL-IL), a non-profit trade group for federally licensed firearms dealers, welcomes Former NRA lobbyist, Todd Vandermyde to their group.

FFL-IL was formed this year in response to continued attacks against Federal Firearms Licensees by anti-gun and anti-Second Amendment groups who want to regulate gun dealers out of business.

During his tenure with the NRA Todd worked tirelessly with Licensed Illinois Firearms Dealers to protect their businesses. Most notably in the spring of 2017 against SB1657 the dealer licensing bill; it is Todd that kept dealers informed and helped to organize dealers to fight this damaging piece of legislation. Todd was a driving force in the conception of The Federal Firearms Licensees of Illinois (FFL-IL) and our goals to represent its members in Illinois.

“I spent over 25 years defending the Second Amendment and Illinois gunowners at the legislature. This is a new chapter in my work for the Second Amendment. This is a chance to build a new grass roots type organization and continue protecting the right to keep and bear arms here in Illinois.” Vandermyde said.

Vandermyde is seen as the quintessential authority on firearm laws and policy in Illinois. Having consulted on several landmark lawsuits like Shepard vs. Madigan, Wilson vs. Cook County, Gowder vs. City of Chicago and People vs. Diggins, Shepard vs. Madigan led to the 7th Circuit court of appeals striking down Illinois’ prohibition on concealed carry.

He is also the author of several state laws and changes including Illinois law on straw purchasers and unlicensed gun dealers and our current unlawful use of weapons / transportation of firearms law. We look forward to his insight and experience as this organization stands for the rights of Illinois Firearms Dealers.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope.
It's an organization for IL-based dealers, not manufacturers (although I imagine the group's name leaves that open).
Springfield Armory has retained their own lobbyists, and we (RRA) are working with existing organizations like the NSSF and ISRA.
Steve/RRA
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nope.
It's an organization for IL-based dealers, not manufacturers (although I imagine the group's name leaves that open).
Springfield Armory has retained their own lobbyists, and we (RRA) are working with existing organizations like the NSSF and ISRA.
Steve/RRA
View Quote
The new lobbying group Todd is representing has an active Facebook page now

FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEES OF ILLINOIS

https://www.facebook.com/FFLIllinois/

Update from Todd:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67071&page=3#entry1115800

guys, this group has ben in the works for months as we had several meetings with a large group of dealers who kept meeting at Range @ 355.

At an end of session meeting, the group voted to form a assn. and they voted on a group of officers to start, Dan Eldridge from Maxons, Mandi from Gun Dr. Julie Peters from RKA, Pete from Range @ 355 and Roger Krohl from R-guns.

as with most things life takes over and they are still sorting out things. 1. we are registered witht he Secretary of state as a Non-Profit and for lobbyong purposes. 2. they are putting togwther a proposal for a real website. There will be other promotional materials and you can expect them to be issuing press relases and other things.

More to follow, but they wanted to be in the fight in sPringfield during veto session
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#19]
SA has been making a huge effort to repair their name since the IFMA catastrophe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top