Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 9:11:56 PM EDT
My dad lives in Illinois. My mom went to see him while she was up there for a wedding. He told her to keep receipts from toll booths. It's a good thing she did. She got a letter in the mail saying she didn't pay. Here's the kicker. The dates and times aren't even from when she was there. Talk about a scam. The scum in that state completely ruins it for everyone else there and some of the others that visit the state.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Ipass or Ezpass for the win.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a notice once  saying I didn`t pay a toll, and they included a picture of a car, and license plate that wasn`t mine, and the kicker was I hadn`t been on a toll road in 20 years. I sent them a letter pointing out their flaw, and never heard from them again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Are tolls in Illinois the license plate automated type, or is there a booth with a gate?

The ones in Texas were completely automated. They just send a bill through the mail.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are tolls in Illinois the license plate automated type, or is there a booth with a gate?

The ones in Texas were completely automated. They just send a bill through the mail.
View Quote
Kind of both.   Some have attendants and some dont and some have both automated (ipass) and booths.   If you blow through an ipass lane with no ipass, they will take a photo of plate and you get a bill...which is for toll plus some extra $$
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Kind of both.   Some have attendants and some dont and some have both automated (ipass) and booths.   If you blow through an ipass lane with no ipass, they will take a photo of plate and you get a bill...which is for toll plus some extra $
View Quote
Unless it seems you are right on the tail of someone with an ipass. I got pushed out into the ipass lane because none of those Chicago fucks would met me over. Was right behind a guy with the sensor and I never got a ticket in the mail.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ipass or Ezpass for the win.
View Quote
She doesn't need one since she lives in a state with very few toll roads, none of which are near her.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a letter saying I owed 86 dollars in tolls and fines. Picture they sent was of a white Cadillac and I drive a black Acura...  
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's an update. She called the number that was on the stuff she received in the mail. Turns out it isn't from Any toll roads in Illinois even though the bill came from there. I guess there is a charge to cross the Ohio river on I-65 now. $4 each way...
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's an update. She called the number that was on the stuff she received in the mail. Turns out it isn't from Any toll roads in Illinois even though the bill came from there. I guess there is a charge to cross the Ohio river on I-65 now. $4 each way...
View Quote
Yeah, that's a new toll this year after the bridge got rebuilt.  There are no toll booths or anything, just a sign that says you're getting charged a toll.

The bill comes from IL because the ez-pass company is based there.  It took over the state tolling systems in a lot of the midwest and east coast so they are all compatible.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I accidentally blew through one up near Chicago last year (behind a semi and stuck in ipass lane). Next toll booth I told the lady and she handed me a pamphlet with a number to call. Called the number the next day and the lady on the phone told me they only issue a ticket through the mail after your third time not paying the toll. I never did receive a ticket and I never paid the missed toll. YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unless it seems you are right on the tail of someone with an ipass. I got pushed out into the ipass lane because none of those Chicago fucks would met me over. Was right behind a guy with the sensor and I never got a ticket in the mail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of both.   Some have attendants and some dont and some have both automated (ipass) and booths.   If you blow through an ipass lane with no ipass, they will take a photo of plate and you get a bill...which is for toll plus some extra $
Slow pokes stay to the right!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I accidentally blew through one up near Chicago last year (behind a semi and stuck in ipass lane). Next toll booth I told the lady and she handed me a pamphlet with a number to call. Called the number the next day and the lady on the phone told me they only issue a ticket through the mail after your third time not paying the toll. I never did receive a ticket and I never paid the missed toll. YMMV.
View Quote
They don't send you a ticket. They send you a letter but they won't normally fuck with you over a single violation. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top