[#1]
I don't even know which knife I'd buy first
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm leaning heavily to the Gerber covert.  I'll have to buy one of those $40 OTF lightning auto knives as well. 

You live in cook I thought? I don't think this law will overturn Chicago's knife laws. 
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm leaning heavily to the Gerber covert.  I'll have to buy one of those $40 OTF lightning auto knives as well. 

You live in cook I thought? I don't think this law will overturn Chicago's knife laws. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I'm in cook. I do spend a lot of time outside of chicago. So I'd get a range knife or something like that, I'm also in wisconsin shooting at least once a week, I'll have to look up their laws.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yea I'm in cook. I do spend a lot of time outside of chicago. So I'd get a range knife or something like that, I'm also in wisconsin shooting at least once a week, I'll have to look up their laws.
View Quote
If you want an OTF knife the Lightning auto's are the cheapest I've found and actually get good reviews. I want an OTF for a toy honestly and the gerber will be my daily carry that gets used.  http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Lightning-Gray-DA-OTF-Automatic--16880 That's the one I'm leaning to.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you want an OTF knife the Lightning auto's are the cheapest I've found and actually get good reviews. I want an OTF for a toy honestly and the gerber will be my daily carry that gets used.  http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Lightning-Gray-DA-OTF-Automatic--16880 That's the one I'm leaning to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I want one like that more as a toy also. For $40 I'd give it a try!
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yea I want one like that more as a toy also. For $40 I'd give it a try!
View Quote
40 bucks for a toy I'm willing to spend. I'd love an Microtech or Benchmade Infidel but I'm not spending 400+ dollars for a toy that won't get used. 110 bucks for the gerber is a lot for me but that thing will get used a lot!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm really curious to see if Rauner signs, vetoes or ignores this; it will say an awful lot about his core values, IMHO.

In the meantime, I'm shopping for OTF's.... :)

Larry
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm really curious to see if Rauner signs, vetoes or ignores this; it will say an awful lot about his core values, IMHO.

Larry
View Quote
I'm hoping he signs it, but with the big dump of bills to him I wont be surprised if he ignores it and lets it get enacted at 60 days.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#9]
He better show his core voters he gives a shit about us. Not saying I would stay home on election day over this, but it will influence me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He better show his core voters he gives a shit about us. Not saying I would stay home on election day over this, but it will influence me.
View Quote
I thought he said he wasn't running again?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I`m leaning towards the classic Italian stiletto, but I`m a knife collector so I`ll probably buy several of different types.  Years ago I had one of those switchblade combs (when I had more hair) I would whip it out to comb my hair, and  people would freak out and actually ask me if it was legal,  a comb illegal what were they thinking. I think it was the fact it look like a switchblade knife. I also had one of those mini switchblades on a key chain it had a 2 in. blade but the key chain part broke and I lost it. When I was in the Army in Berlin I bought an Italian stiletto in a  German sporting goods store.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like August 16 they become legal, doubtful it is on the top of Rauners list to sign.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like August 16 they become legal, doubtful it is on the top of Rauners list to sign.
View Quote
Most likely.   He now has 235 bills sent to him and is no doubt carefully analyzing and agonizing over  the Barack Obama day and the unlawful use of an elephant legislation.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Most likely.   He now has 235 bills sent to him and is no doubt carefully analyzing and agonizing over  the Barack Obama day and the unlawful use of an elephant legislation.
View Quote
lol and Piss on Madigan that little Irish turd.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Will a copy of FOID card have to be sent to the vendor to  order one online?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Will a copy of FOID card have to be sent to the vendor to  order one online?
View Quote
There is nothing in the bill requiring that.   I suppose it could come down to the individual sellers policies, although I suspect the out of state ones will not care too much and may rely on you being the one determining if legal, but we wont know until the darn bill becomes effective.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Sign it already asshole! 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sign it already asshole! 
View Quote
 I was checking the ILGA page today and it is still sitting there...along with 471 other bills sent to him.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Larry
View Quote
I don't know of many corporate capitalists that are outwardly pro 2A.

I got a Kershaw Emerson for $110, and I love it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't know of many corporate capitalists that are outwardly pro 2A.

I got a Kershaw Emerson for $110, and I love it.
View Quote
Agreed; hence my belief it will be a good indicator of his core values.

Larry
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like it's going till the end of the 30 days... Damn, my birthdays tomorrow and I still can't buy myself an auto knife 
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Did Rauner sign any of the other bills sent to his desk with this one like the crazy elephant one?  Personally I think every circus and carnival should have a few elephants.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did Rauner sign any of the other bills sent to his desk with this one like the crazy elephant one?  Personally I think every circus and carnival should have a few elephants.
View Quote
17 days and counting down...

Looks like he has signed 15ish House bills and 10ish Senate bills.    So far, nothing wacky like Obama highway, Obama day, unlawful use of an elephant or the FOID requirement changes for Tannerite.  

House bills now law; includes overrides http://www.ilga.gov/reports/Preview.asp?t=cr&k=9&ga=14&y=1&h=House%20Bills%20With%20Public%20Acts%20(1st%20Yr)

Senate bills now law; includes overrides  http://www.ilga.gov/reports/Preview.asp?t=cr&k=10&ga=14&y=1&h=Senate%20Bills%20With%20Public%20Acts%20(1st%20Yr)

Waiting on action by gov http://www.ilga.gov/reports/Preview.asp?t=cr&k=8&ga=14&y=1&h=Bills%20Pending%20Governor%20Action%20(1st%20Yr)
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice to see he found the time to sign Obama day into law but not this 

Tick tock I guess 
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Nice to see he found the time to sign Obama day into law but not this 

Tick tock I guess 
View Quote
I noticed that...priorities I suppose although it could have been entertaining to see the uproar if he had vetoed it!

10..9..8..7.. getting closer
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I noticed that...priorities I suppose although it could have been entertaining to see the uproar if he had vetoed it!

10..9..8..7.. getting closer
View Quote
What day does it go into law? I thought the 18th but I'm now sure now. 
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Rauner has no time to sign the switch blade law, but has time to sign the bill recognizing a day for the halfrican.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What day does it go into law? I thought the 18th but I'm now sure now. 
View Quote
It was sent to the governors office on 6/16.   Depending on when that starts their 60 day countdown, I would assume it gets enacted in that 8/15 to 8/17 time period.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It was sent to the governors office on 6/16.   Depending on when that starts their 60 day countdown, I would assume it gets enacted in that 8/15 to 8/17 time period.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. I'll be in Texas when it goes live   Guess I can order a knife from there 
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#31]
bill recognizing a day for the halfrican.
View Quote
We'll need to find appropriate ways to celebrate this event...Maybe colonoscopies could be scheduled on that date...something like that...
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We'll need to find appropriate ways to celebrate this event...Maybe colonoscopies could be scheduled on that date...something like that...
View Quote
I get one every year. I could do that 
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, got a blem Kershaw Launch 5 en route from kershawguy.com. Couldn't stand the idea an auto would be legal and I'd not have one the first day... :)

Good deal at $69.99 shipped, if anyone is interested.

Larry
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well, got a blem Kershaw Launch 5 en route from kershawguy.com. Couldn't stand the idea an auto would be legal and I'd not have one the first day... :)

Good deal at $69.99 shipped, if anyone is interested.

Larry
View Quote
I was looking at those earlier... I'm still going to go with a Gerber Covert 3.8 inch. I need to save up some money again because I'm spending the toy money on my Texas vacation 
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#35]
So I'm making the date auto knives become legal at 8.16.17; is that right, or did I run out of fingers and toes too soon again?

Larry
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So I'm making the date auto knives become legal at 8.16.17; is that right, or did I run out of fingers and toes too soon again?

Larry
View Quote
Thats reasonable since it was sent to gov on 6/16.   But unsure if that started the gov 60 day signing period countdown on 6/16  or 6/17...and does the bill get enacted on day 60 or 61?   **dunno**    60 days is actually the 15th,  so, I'll be keeping an eye on the bill status page and the enacted laws page at ILGA this week.  If not 8/15, then it should be by 8/17 unless a veto comes out of nowhere at the last minute.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#37]
A facebook post is claiming the governor signed on Friday

https://m.facebook.com/AltamontLockStockBarrel

but there is no indication of that on the governor web page, nor on the 3 reports at the ILGA report pages were I would expect the status to be updated.

For whatever stupid reason, FB does not permit a copy from the post text.

Stay tuned...click,clack**click,clack**

edit: ILGA bill pages are already updated with todays amendatory veto override to SB01, so I guess Im skeptical the knife bill has actually been signed on Friday.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A facebook post is claiming the governor signed on Friday

https://m.facebook.com/AltamontLockStockBarrel

but there is no indication of that on the governor web page, nor on the 3 reports at the ILGA report pages were I would expect the status to be updated.

For whatever stupid reason, FB does not permit a copy from the post text.

Stay tuned...click,clack**click,clack**
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#39]
 when I get back from Texas I'm going to order one. 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#40]
ILGA pages updated today.   It is signed!

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=607&GAID=14&DocTypeID=SB&LegId=100589&SessionID=91&GA=100

6/16/2017SenateSent to the Governor
 8/11/2017SenateGovernor Approved
 8/11/2017SenatePublic Act . . . . . . . . . 100-0082

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/fulltext.asp?Name=100-0082
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Done and Done!!!!
Nice...Thanks Gov.!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Wonderful! Saved a copy to my phone in case LE didn't get the memo.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone have experience with GP Knives in Troy, or Adams International in Edwardsville?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I think there will still remain local ordinances (like Chicago) prohibiting them but, it would only be a fine...the felony business is gone.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think there will still remain local ordinances (like Chicago) prohibiting them but, it would only be a fine...the felony business is gone.
View Quote
It's okay. If I go to Chicago I'm carrying a pistol not a knife 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He didn't really run on a pro-2A platform (more of an absence of being anti-2A), and certainly not on a pro-auto blade platform.

I think guns and knives are things he's not worried about as much as we are here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry
He didn't really run on a pro-2A platform (more of an absence of being anti-2A), and certainly not on a pro-auto blade platform.

I think guns and knives are things he's not worried about as much as we are here.
Gotta' say, Rauner just bought quite a bit of my goodwill by signing that, even though he could have waited five or six more days and let it go into effect without committing himself. Says something, IMHO.

Larry
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#47]

edit: I wonder how long it'll be before stores like Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc. start carrying them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

edit: I wonder how long it'll be before stores like Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc. start carrying them.
View Quote
I am gonna say never. I have been in Cabela's in states where they are legal and they don't stock them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Just ordered my kershaw launch 5 from kershawguy.com got a blem for $69

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I will be interested to see if there are more at gun shows now.  One show Ive been to already had a vendor selling them,  but not many others.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top