Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 3:36:23 AM EDT
Hey guys I will be coming to Chicago for a couple of days next week for the IMTS at McCormick Place

I'm looking to stay somewhere just outside of Chicago to avoid the crazy $300.00 a night hotels which areas should I

stay away from? Trying to avoid the gang wars and such!  

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Iowa?

:)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Most downtown hotels (the loop, say) are going to be OK, but expensive. The 'burbs are very hit and miss; some have very nice, and very rough, areas a few blocks apart. Rosemont is a big hotel town that's pretty safe, generally, and close to O'Hare, if you're flying in.

Larry
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#2]
try PriceLine. You don't get to pick the exact hotel but I got rooms at the Drake last month for $110 a night. Just choose 5 star and You'll be on Michigan Ave.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Fly into Midway and there are hotels on CIcero Avenuehttp://www.midwayhotelcenter.com/

As Larry1096 said, fly into O'Hare and you can stay in Rosemont, lots of options there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]
gang wars?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
exhibiting? I went and looked around once, and depending on your audience, it could be a good show...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Gang wars
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Handful of hotels in Rosemont, near the airport (as stated). You can use public transport to get downtown and catch a shuttle.

Other than that, if you want to stay out of the city, you are going to spend a fair amount of time in transport.

There are a lot of small, boutique hotels downtown and the near northside. I would do some shopping around.

You will enjoy your stay more if you can take in some of what the city has to offer.

Working the show, or attending?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#9]
the hotels by midway are shitholes for the most part.  Avoid 'em.

Lakeview / Lincoln park / Loop / Old town / gold coast are all fine -
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fly into Midway and there are hotels on CIcero Avenuehttp://www.midwayhotelcenter.com/

As Larry1096 said, fly into O'Hare and you can stay in Rosemont, lots of options there.

NO!  Midway is a terrible area.

Stay North.  Try Northbrook or Arlington Heights.  Try looking for a place near a Metra station.  Rosemont is also a good place with access to the Blue Line.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO!  Midway is a terrible area.

Stay North.  Try Northbrook or Arlington Heights.  Try looking for a place near a Metra station.  Rosemont is also a good place with access to the Blue Line.

Midway isn't terrible.  Granted I haven't been that way since October of last year but I dated a girl a few years back from that area.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Guys boss booked the rooms

Looks like were staying out near Willowbrook
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top