Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2010 8:53:43 AM EDT
Ladies and Gentlemen, there are many of you on this site who complain about anti-gun politicians.  Well, now is your opportunity to do something about it.  Here is a concrete opportunity to put your money or time where your mouth is...  I have personnally met him and hear him speak regularly.  He is exactly what we need in Washington to defeat the communists.

Randy Hultgren is running against Bill Foster.

Some facts:

1. Randy is pro-gun
2. Foster is VERY ANTI-GUN
3. Bill foster is a huge Obama supporter
4. Randy is a true conservative
5. Bill Foster lives in New York and Washington and only rents a house in Illinois.  I heard a report that it has no furniture in it.

If you want to meet Randy and give him your support.....here is what you should do:

1. On September 11th the Kendall County Young Republicans will be hosting Free Sportsman Event & Trap Shoot at Newark Sportsmen’s Club, 10251 Fox River Drive, Newark, IL 60541. It is a free event however donations will be accepted. The Meet’n Greet Breakfast will be from 7:30-9am followed by the Trap Shoot. For more information or to R.S.V.P. Call 1-888-316-0898 or e-mail [email protected].  Then attend your local Friends of the NRA event.

2. E-mail the campaign and ask them to put a sign in your yard.  Yard signs are VERY important.  Most voters vote on popularity.  It is sad but true.  If you do not live in the 14th district, a simple donation of $25 will be very helpful.  Every dollar counts.  You will spend more money going out on a Friday night.

3. Donate to the campaign.  Visit this site to do so... http://hultgrenforcongress.com/?page_id=12

THe forum doesnt have a political section, so I posted here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#1]
This is literally 5 minutes or less from my house; I live on Fox River Drive.  I remember when we put on our Springtime event in Millbrook that he was here, and I was so caught up in helping run the event that he was gone before I realized I should talk to him.

Got my Mossberg ready to go too

Thank you for the heads up!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you can find Foster's address, it might be interesting to take pictures of the interior of any rooms that are visible from punlic property.

If they're empty it might be, shall we say, enlightening, if that info made it to the right people.

Likewise if there was a retired conservative in the area who could make notes of how often Mr. (or Mrs?) Foster come and go from the residence.

Someone is already investigating this.  You must have read each other's minds.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
bump
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
bump

Well, I'm still plannin to go.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
BUMP

Anyone still plannin to go?  Would be neat to make a showing for the forum too.  I would like to find out if he is going to push for open carry in IL, or at least work towards letting our rights be rights again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Just don't expect to put any politician in a predicament that they have to say something that will bring about bad publicity.  I wanted to go, but my mother in law will be in town.  But I can tell you that it is well worth the time and he will not be the only one there.  Just represent us with respect
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Absolutely.  I am curious about his standing on the 2nd ammendment, how it relates to our current laws and regulations, what he plans to do about them if elected.

I don't see anyone else confirming to go, but that does not mean there won't be more.  I would probably go no matter where it was, but the fact it is so close to home I cannot miss it.

Should I mention the forum at all?  Any advice with what I should ask specifically?  I was thinking of writing down a few questions that I could ask.  I definitely want to be respectful.  In the past year I have become more attentive to a lot of politcal goings on and the state of the country.  Do I know it all?  Heck no.  But my ears are more open than they have ever been.  So this will be one of my first genuine, real and almost direct involvements with the government, election and voicing my opinions.

If anyone decides to go please let me know, it's always nice to put a face with a name.  Also, if you have any advice to me or questions I could ask put them up here.  I will gladly hear what you guys have to say and do my best to bring any questions with me next Saturday.   I will also report back with how it goes.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]
BUMP

Reminder this is tomorrow.  I will be headin there, anyone who would like to go too come down or let me know if there are any questions you would like me to try and ask.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Well it was a pretty good turnout.  I agreed with what most of the candidates had to say, but had to do my best to filter through some standard political "mumbo jumbo."  Randy seems to be a good guy that is willing to support our rights.  I was able to talk to him for a few minutes and expressed my interest in the destruction of the 2nd and other ammendments, and that the government has become too inflated for what it is supposed to be.  He said he agreed and thanked me for coming out for support.  All the candidates that were there today had good feelings that there could be a landslide in the polls this November, and when they are elected could drastically change the direction things have been going.

Take it as you will.  It was really my first time purposely going and attending a political meet and greet.  I did mention to Randy that I heard about the event today from this forum and said he thought that was great, and asked for all the support we can give.  There were a lot of people wanting to talk to him, so I did my best to let everyone have their chance.  I wore my "Gun Owners of America' GOA shirt which received a lot of positive comments, and proceeded to shoot one round of trap shooting.  The smell of the gunpowder was refreshing as I have not shot trap in a while.

Thanks for putting up this thread and giving a heads up to a local event that unfortunately, I would have otherwise not known was going on.

George
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I met him tonight at the Friends of the NRA banquet in Aurora.  Good guy.  I'm voting for him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:38:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I met him tonight at the Friends of the NRA banquet in Aurora.  Good guy.  I'm voting for him.

Good to hear!  

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:34:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I am glad that you guys benefited from this.  I hope now that you got a taste of how important it is to meet the candidates and support the ones you like, that you continue to do so.  The more they hear from you and get your support, the more they will help you in return.  Relationships require a personal link and mutual cooperation.  By helping worthy candidates, you help yourself more than by preventing bad candidates from getting in office.  The candidates are always glad to meet you and get a chance to talk to you to get their message out.  It will also be a great chance for you to give them yours in a mutually respectful manner.

Randy is a great American in the non-cliché true sense.  So are many of the candidates there are trying really hard to make a difference and are up against a lot of money and public ignorance.  Getting their message out with signs, cash, and word of mouth are always key if you can simply give them a call and ask for a yard sign, or spare some time for phone calls or going door to door with PC's.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#14]
IN
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate freedom, and will do nothing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I actually meet and shook Randy's hand at the Maple Park beer garden after/during the maple park fun feest (or whatever they call it)

It was pretty funny, there was some douche bag 2ft tall liberal running around trying to, unsuccessfully, film him.

I and my family will be supporting Randy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#17]
WTF, triple tap
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#18]
WTF, triple tap
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#19]
can't wait to see how things go in November, that's for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top