Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 11:12:30 PM EDT
Different vid now, the other one stopped working
Well, I had one hell of a night.  Of course I can't comment on this incident other to say this was a "good" shooting.  I should know, I was there.  Of course the News media has the "details" from the residents of the neighborhood.  We where there for 6 hours afterwards breaking up fights and being verbally assaulted.  Anyway, my squad car made it in this video, and I was actually on channel 5 and 7, but very fast snippets.  I would like you all to say a prayer for the Officer involved.  He acted properly and justly, but I'm sure it is a trying time.  Again, can't give details with this being an ongoing investigation.
abclocal.go.com/wls/# look to the right at "Videos" and scroll down to "Police involved in fatal Summit shooting".  In this one, you actually see me walking in the background towards the camera in the first shot of cops.  Be safe all
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, tag for details as I don't ever believe the media's story.

Aren't you a Bedford Park officer?  Why did you respond to a call in Summit?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, keep us updated on what you can.

Stay safe out there K9.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#3]
coooooool...in a way i guess.....thoughts and prayers are w/ the "unknown officer" and the whole dept. for they will probably get sued and accused of stupid crap such as....was the man armed.....were the officers in grave danger, why was he shot 4-6 times, if he was fleeing why was lethal force used, etc etc etc......go get'm K9............kinda reminds me of this homicide trial our investigations unit is having me sit in on right now............the defense (like the media) is bullshitting out their A holes!!! lol....ought to be interesting to see how the media plays this up!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:43:13 AM EDT
[#4]

coooooool...in a way i guess.

Why don't you elaborate on what  is cool about it?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:13:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

coooooool...in a way i guess.

Why don't you elaborate on what the fuck is cool about it?

I think he means that the scum were the ones to leave in body bags
And that the  LEO was ok
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Once I am given permission to talk freely about this situation, I will.  Basically once Summit gives it's press releases, and actually delivers truth, I can than give those details a +1.  It amazed me the number of reporters that would go into the crowd alone, these little woman, as we were standing near our nice "safe" Police line, they walk into the heart of this unruly crowd.  But what was amazing was as most of the neighborhood what hooping and hollering and then joking around later amoung themselves, NOT us, they still hated us, but as the TV cameras would show up, bam, then they change to their "we are so concerned about the evil Police" mode and look eadly serious.  It was eyeopening.  It was one intense night.  At any given time we were keeping back a crowd of 100, to at times 200.  Had roughly 40 coppers on scene at one time.  Had my Mossy 590 slung across my chest for at least a good 4 hours while I stood perimeter.  I lost count of how many times I heard yelled "The Po-lice are the ones getting the bullets next".   Well, I'm going to go thru the News today and see what is being released.  Be safe all, and say a prayer for mya$$
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Stay safe, K9
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope, different incident.  Chicago ALWAYS has to upstage the Suburbs...lol.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#10]
They were opening fire before you got there.And when police have to shoot one of them,they can't understand why?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Silas, you're good.  Now they will use the pic for the "Wanted Poster" in ther 'hood to put a 'hit' on me!  LOL!!!!

They were opening fire before you got there.And when police have to shoot one of them,they can't understand why?
 Yup, BTW, the 'victim' had a Glock 17, not exactly a .25 Jennings.  My favorite line of the night I overheard was, "Yeah, the Cops murdered him 'cause they shot him twice in the chest, they was lookin' to murder tonight."  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Can you explain if the media's report that the man was shot in the back is true?

From what I read here, we have shots fired at the scene, and armed men fleeing.  No mention yet of anyone posing a lethal threat to officers in the media.  Can you confirm the details? (particularly the intent of the offenders?)
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Silas, you're good.  Now they will use the pic for the "Wanted Poster" in ther 'hood to put a 'hit' on me!  LOL!!!!

Nah, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#14]
With as well as the people in question are capable of shooting, i would be more afraid of being the person standing next to you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wow, keep us updated on what you can.

Stay safe out there K9.

+1
Glad your ok.
Score 2 for the good guys.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Can you explain if the media's report that the man was shot in the back is true?

From what I read here, we have shots fired at the scene, and armed men fleeing.  No mention yet of anyone posing a lethal threat to officers in the media.  Can you confirm the details? (particularly the intent of the offenders?)

Screw the media they cant get the time of day right.

As is being shot in the back oh well maybe he pointed at the Leo and changed his mind and ran  to bad for him you shot until the threat is over. If that means putting 15 rounds of 9mm into some ppc up POS until he falls so be it.
These POS F-cked with the wrong dude they went to the morgue He went home happy ending.
I thought I heard the cop was a tac squad guy
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw the media they cant get the time of day right.

As is being shot in the back oh well maybe he pointed at the Leo and changed his mind and ran  to bad for him you shot until the threat is over. If that means putting 15 rounds of 9mm into some ppc up POS until he falls so be it.
These POS F-cked with the wrong dude they went to the morgue He went home happy ending.
I thought I heard the cop was a tac squad guy

Cop in the other shooting was a tac squad guy, totally unrelated to this one.

I'm still wondering how a justified shooting involved an offender getting shot in the back.  Amazing how you're wrong to question it.  I'm not taking either side.  I"m simply wondering what it is that the media doesn't know about this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Things happen real fast. This is a video of a self defense shooting of an attemted armed robbery. BG got shot in the back. It happens so fast that he is getting shot in the front spins around to run away and gets shot in the back in something under three seconds. The good guy was not charged with anything, found to have handled it properly under Indiana law.

Link
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:39:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Things happen real fast. This is a video of a self defense shooting of an attemted armed robbery. BG got shot in the back. It happens so fast that he is getting shot in the front spins around to run away and gets shot in the back in something under three seconds. The good guy was not charged with anything, found to have handled it properly under Indiana law.

Link

Not saying that shot in the back automatically makes it unjustifyiable.  Just trying to find the truth.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:55:28 AM EDT
[#20]
camera-hog

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link

Geezus!  A shootout with a baby up on the counter.  I'd say that clerk got very lucky there was no collateral damage.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Badguy shot twice COM in chest, not the back, I should know, I saw the BG on the ground after the shots.  Offender leveled his Glock 17 at cop is when the Officer fired at him.  Badguy let 2-3 rounds go at other 'bangers when the cop saw him.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Badguy shot twice COM in chest, not the back, I should know, I saw the BG on the ground after the shots.  Offender leveled his Glock 17 at cop is when the Officer fired at him.  Badguy let 2-3 rounds go at other 'bangers when the cop saw him.

Thanks for the update.

Pretty sure there is no question as to why he caught a few rounds if he leveled a firearm at an officer.

I'm actually surprised that the media didn't call his firearm an "Assault weapon".  I guess when it's pointed at a police officer it's a, "9mm Glock handgun" and when it's pointed at what the public views as an, "Innocent victim," it's an "Assault pistol with a 17 round magazine and one in the chamber."

Glad to hear he did the right thing.  That makes, for the week, Cops, 2, idiot offenders with guns, ZERO.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Stay safe out there K9Copper

FWIW-I'm not too far from Summit(Palos Hills resident here)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

Geezus!  A shootout with a baby up on the counter.  I'd say that clerk got very lucky there was no collateral damage.

Agreed.  Not sure I would have shot under those circumstances.  Probably would have stalled longer while she fumbled with the register, asked the lady with the baby to move aside, then blasted his ass.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, it seemed aweful close to the baby when he shot!

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I remember that there was a group shooting people on traffic light at midnight in NW Chicago area a couple weeks before. Since the shooting, it seems there is no more cases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top