Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 3:51:10 AM EDT

'Bad Day' for Criminals in Nebraska, Group Says

(CNSNews.com) - Nebraska is the 40th state to pass a concealed carry bill, which Republican Gov. Dave Heineman has promised to sign. A Second Amendment group, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, called it a "great step" for Nebraska's law-abiding gun owners -- and a "bad day" for criminals who would prey on them. It's also a bad day for "extremist anti-gunners" who fought the legislation, said CCRKBA Executive Director Joe Waldron. "Common-sense laws that make it possible for law-abiding citizens to carry guns for their personal protection, and the defense of their families, have proven effective in reducing violent crime," Waldron said. He noted that "hysteria-driven predictions about 'Wild West' gunfights" along highways or in bars have not come to pass. "We're confident that Nebraskans will soon demonstrate that they are as responsible as citizens in dozens of other states where concealed carry is already the law," Waldron said. According to CCRKBA, there are now only two states -- Wisconsin and Illinois -- where "anti-self-defense Democrats" are denying citizens the legal means of personal protection.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
There is no doubt about it, this state definitely sucks. I remember when the first states starting passing CC. All the horror stories of "blood will run in the streets" & "it will be like the old west with shootouts everywhere".

None of it has ever came to pass and the statistics show that CC works and works well. Unfortunately we live in a state with a large CESSPOOL on the north end called Shit-Cago. All it's good for is raising our taxes, taking our hard earned money, and sucking the life out this state.

It is nothing but a breeding ground for criminals in and out of office. Rapists, murderers, drug pushers, gang bangers, and anybody else that wants a free ride off of the system at the expense of it's tax paying, law abiding citizens of this state.  I really sympathize for all of the good people that have to live in or around that city or Crook county.

Even though Chicago does account for a large part  of our population, there is still alot of us downstaters. If all of our elected officials from downstate would stand together, I can't see any reason why we couldn't get a CC passed as well as getting common sense gun laws established. Laws that will permit CC everywhere in the state and supercede any and all "home rule" cities and counties. For more years than I care to count, I have written letters, made phone calls, went to meetings, and sent e-mails, asking my reps why this hasn't happened.

Why won't our pro-gun reps introduce and sponsor bill after bill for CC as well as common sense gun laws? Why won't they submit "shell bills" like the other side and then pass them in the night? Why are we always on the defense instead of the offense? When will they understand that us law abiding, tax paying citizens are tired of living under the tyranny of Chicago and the scum that it produces like "King Dick", his minions, and all of his lackies that follow him. Taking what little pieces of scrap and bones that they want to throw our way.

The only way is to work out their differences, stay unified, and do what is best for all of us downstate. Show Governor Rod, Mayor "Dick", and the rest of their puppets that we still have teeth and will bite back. Only then will things change for the best and benefit us as well as for our fellow brothers stuck behind the lines.

Sorry for the ranting guys, usually I don't say much. But after seeing that we are now down to two states that doesn't have some form of CC, it started grinding all over again. Every year I see state after state regaining their rights and we are constantly losing ground.

If and when will anything change? We can only hope. Maybe we will get lucky and somebody will finally pull the handle and flush our CESSPOOL.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#3]
very true!!!!! i can''t believe puppet "rod" got as many votes as he did from downstate. as long as you have the dishonorable mayor daley running shit-cago, and springfield from 5th ave. it's a up hill climb.  maybe when the troops are done in iraq they can stop here and fee us. signing off from      The Peoples Republic of Illinois.          
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep in mind guys that Missouri fought for 10 years to get CCW. We just have to keep up the fight and not let the RINOs and liberal Democrats wear us down.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
very true!!!!! i can''t believe puppet "rod" got as many votes as he did from downstate. as long as you have the dishonorable mayor daley running shit-cago, and springfield from 5th ave. it's a up hill climb.  maybe when the troops are done in iraq they can stop here and fee us. signing off from      The Peoples Republic of Illinois.          

The reason is easy, he pulled the wool over the eyes of the pro-gun people, who are to some degree mostly democrat in the area.

Every progun I talk too said they was going to vote for him, cause he said he was for them and their guns.  They wanted a democrat in office and refused to believe they was going to get their tail yank hard.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The reason Rod won, (and will win this year) is because the Illinois Republican party is in shambles and because of that little corruption trial of Gov. Ryan that just went to the jury.

I think that the only chance for good gun laws (CC, etc) is for a downstate democrat to win in 2010.
(remember that Ryan (R) kicked Poshard's (D)  butt in large part because he smeared Poshard as a "gun nut" and terrified the soccer moms with an ambush photo of Poshard with militia'ed-out Ryan operatives.)

That or have the republicans get their act together but I don't think that'll happen.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dupe!

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=23&t=228157

Well spank my carrot and call me naughty! Sorry Silas
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why I am moving to Utah in May. IL sucks big time.  Gotta lock every door and Lock everyting up ya got. This place sucks. Later
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is why I am moving to Utah in May. IL sucks big time.  Gotta lock every door and Lock everyting up ya got. This place sucks. Later

Fuck Utah in the ass!
This is my state and I'm fighting for it!
Vote your ass off!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Fuck Utah in the ass!
Vote your ass off!

Better get a bucket and start bailing...

http://www.foggydoggy.com/TITANIC.jpg.gif
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Utah in the ass!
Vote your ass off!

Amen brotherman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top