Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 2:19:55 AM EDT
Endorsement Information for the March 21 Primary Election in Illinois

Due to the tax status of the Illinois State Rifle Assocation, the organization cannot issue campaign endorsements, neither can the National Rifle Association. Rather, endorsements for races in Illinois are issued by the ISRA's affiliate, the ISRA Political Victory Fund (ISRA-PVF), and the NRA's affiliate, NRA PVF.

As of March 20th, the ISRA-PVF has issued endorsements in three races:

Bill Brady for Governor in the Republican primary. If you would like to know more about the ISRA-PVF endorsement of Bill Brady, you can visit the ISRA-PVF website and you can
read the press release that discusses this endorsement.

Richard Remus for Cook County Sheriff in the Democratic primary. His opponent, Tom Dart, is a known enemy of gun owners in Illinois. You can read the ISRA-PVF press release endorsing Richard Remus right here.

Matt Murphy for Illinois Senate in the 27th Senate District Republican primary. His opponent, Palatine Mayor Rita Mullins, is closely aligned with the Daley Administration. You can read the ISRA-PVF press release endorsing Matt Murphy right here.

These are all hotly contested races and all Illinois gun owners are urged to go out and vote.

The NRA PVF has issued some endorsements locally via postcards and phone banks. In an email alert sent March 20, NRA-ILA stated that for NRA-PVF endorsement information, NRA members are encouraged to call the NRA-ILA Grassroots Division at (800) 392-VOTE (8683).
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
well, i'm votin' for brady, but i don't think he wins.  the reason is all of the country folk he needs to vote for him are snowed in.  since topinka is a friend of moderate republican city folk that can still get around at least better than the country folk-she takes it.  hope i'm dead wrong though

jake
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Ice Cream Man is under estimating support for Brady down past 80.  They got a shit sandwich with blago,  I dont think they  will fall for pandering to them again.

Deerkillindad,  Thats what they have tractors for.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Brady's biggest asset seems to be that he is not from the Chicago or Chitown suburbs area, and thus will garner most of the downstate vote.  Unfrotunately, Chicago and its suburbs are something like 565 of the states population...

I am doing some reserach right now trying to decide if Brady or oberwies is my man.  Oberweis actaully works and lives very close to me, so Oberwies stuff is all over the place.  But Brady has unequivacly stated that 2nd Ammendment is his platform.  That is VERY rare these days.

Still need to know what their stance is on the other issues.  Oberwies seems to be jumping on the no immigration issue more to pander for votes than anything, and hoeslty I don't care about that.  Dimes to dollars says the guys maintaining the landscaping at his milk plant and offices aren't good old American boys and girls.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I just got back from voting.We got about 8" of snow but the roads arent to bad.Get out and vote for Brady!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Brady's biggest asset seems to be that he is not from the Chicago or Chitown suburbs area, and thus will garner most of the downstate vote.  Unfrotunately, Chicago and its suburbs are something like 565 of the states population...

I am doing some reserach right now trying to decide if Brady or oberwies is my man.  Oberweis actaully works and lives very close to me, so Oberwies stuff is all over the place.  But Brady has unequivacly stated that 2nd Ammendment is his platform.  That is VERY rare these days.

Still need to know what their stance is on the other issues.  Oberwies seems to be jumping on the no immigration issue more to pander for votes than anything, and hoeslty I don't care about that.  Dimes to dollars says the guys maintaining the landscaping at his milk plant and offices aren't good old American boys and girls.  

I hear ya, who ever gets the nom. if Brady does not , Do I hold my nose and put a sign in my yard for anyone but blago?  Sorry if you think I'm wasting a vote for Brady . And taking it away from Oberwies,  topinka sign in my yard   Shitty call,  sorry.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear ya, who ever gets the nom. if Brady does not , Do I hold my nose and put a sign in my yard for anyone but blago?  Sorry if you think I'm wasting a vote for Brady . And taking it away from Oberwies,  topinka sign in my yard   Shitty call,  sorry.

If you believe in Brady then vote for him.  I always get sick of the folks who say "you're just splitting the vote, vote for 'X" because he has a better chance."

I have a few "rules" I follow when voting to be a responsible voter.

1. Vote for the candidate you believe in.  Even if they don't win this time if they make a good showing they may do better next time because they can prove they have a following. Moreover, it is the only way to ever break out of the 2 party system which usually leaves us gun owners with two candidates who think it is alright to take away our rights.

2. Research the candidates you are potentially going to vote for.  Prioritize your issues.  Listen to them speak.  Just because a candidate may purport to be "Pro 2nd ammendment" doesn't mean they aren't willing to take away your Evil Black Rifle just to get the shotgunnners' vote.

3.  ONLY vote for the people you have researched.  A vote with no knowledge is worse than no vote at all. These days a party affiliation is a quick a cheap way for funding, not necessarily proof that they follow the "party line."  If you don't understand this one, research the acronym RINO.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top