Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 6:07:25 PM EDT
On FOX NEWS CHICAGO just now.  The news reporter called it a "machine pistol."

I may not know much about guns, but it's just a 9mm pistol!

Stupid news reporters!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Stupid news reporters!

Yes but there is a full auto tec 9

world.guns.ru/handguns/hg136-e.htm

www.store.yahoo.com/spytechagency/11752.html
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stupid news reporters!

Yes but there is a full auto tec 9

world.guns.ru/handguns/hg136-e.htm

Those are semi-auto.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Stupid news reporter: "But it don't look no different!"
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
They did not catch the guy who did the latest shooting!  So how do they know it was a tech 9?  I saw the Police and some politician talking about it on the news and it seemed like a political move to already say that it was an assault weapon before they even know for sure!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They did not catch the guy who did the latest shooting!  So how do they know it was a tech 9?  I saw the Police and some politician talking about it on the news and it seemed like a political move to already say that it was an assault weapon before they even know for sure!

Reporters' Intuition?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#6]
There could be over 800 crimes committed with handguns in the city and 2 with assault-type weapons and they'll scream for a ban of some kind.Idiots!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
There is/was a full auto version. The original Swedish model was a submachine gun. However, the chances of the gangbangers having one of the original subs is pretty slim, I would guess.
I suspect it is another case of misnaming a semiautomatic firearm.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is/was a full auto version. The original Swedish model was a submachine gun. However, the chances of the gangbangers having one of the original subs is pretty slim, I would guess.
I suspect it is another case of misnaming a semiautomatic firearm.

The "Tec-9" is not nor ever was a full auto firearm, nor can it be converted.

A previous variant, the KG9 was able to be converted and there was a prototype MP9 submachine pistol that never saw production.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#9]
npd23,
We're talking semantics now. Yes, according to strict terminology, you are correct. I was simply talking about the original forerunner of the TEC9, the KG9.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
npd23,
We're talking semantics now. Yes, according to strict terminology, you are correct. I was simply talking about the original forerunner of the TEC9, the KG9.

Yep. Externally they look similar, and one derived from the other, but they are definitely not the same gun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:There was a prototype MP9 submachine pistol that never saw production.

That's interesting. IIRC, Manuel Noriega carried and used a full auto KG variant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top