Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 11:38:34 AM EDT
Is the only place now you can buy ammo is from Il gun dealers? Evey place I look will not sell ammo to IL. Is there anyone out there that will now?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#1]

I bought from Sportsmansguide.com a few months ago. They had to have a copy of my FOID faxed to them before they could process my order. It was a small hassle but pretty painless to do.  

I believe that other ammo shops are doing the same. I would talk to someone on their side and see if that is all they need.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Ammunitionstore.com

Aimsurplus.com

Check out the ammunition forum, there is a price list with prices up that is updated on an almost daily basis.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
cabelas

fax a copy of your foid over to the ffl dept.
then you have to call in every ammo order, but toll free so big deal eigh?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Copes Distributing

JG sales

Century Arms

Centerfire systems

Wiedners Reloading

Sportsmans Guide

Aim surplus

Southern ammo ( yuck)

These and more will sell to an IL resident who faxes a FOID copy. No big deal.

JR
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for telling me that I was worried I was going to have to buy all the ammo at a dealer.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:10:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I just took my digital camera, and captured a picture of my FOID, and IL DL and email it to most of those places so they have it on file. Then you can order online anytime with most of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top