Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 7:06:36 PM EDT
Springfield Report for March 3

Today the deadline passed for "Substantive Bills." HB2414, the semi-auto ban, was one of those bills. We can count that as a victory at least temporarily. Substantive Bills are those with descriptive language in them. Shell bills have no language so there was no deadline for them.

A shell bill could be amended and HB2414 could be back. They did not call HB2414 because we had them beat hands down. Next week the House of Representatives is out. I'm sure they will be regrouping.

I'm sure if the Mayor and his cronies think they have half a chance we will see HB2414 again.

I have been told that I do not trust some people in Springfield. That would be correct.

Richard Pearson
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#2]
HOORAY!! (for now)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top