BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 11:26:19 AM EDT
Here's what I think I know:

-No handguns unless your pistol registration is 1983 or older
-long guns okay(?)
-NO EBR's

If someone can tell me if I'm wrong, or add any additions that I know, it's greatly appreciated.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Deej,

Everything you mention seems correct.

I don't have the time to run through the shitstorm that is Chicago's gun law ordinances, but here's the link which should answer all your questions:

www.isp.state.il.us/docs/ordinances/chicago.pdf

Edit: Fixed link to a direct one.  Those on dial-up, be advised it goes to a big PDF.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Deej,

Everything you mention seems correct.

I don't have the time to run through the shitstorm that is Chicago's gun law ordinances, but here's the link which should answer all your questions:

www.isp.state.il.us/docs/ordinances/chicago.pdf

Edit: Fixed link to a direct one.  Those on dial-up, be advised it goes to a big PDF.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Only criminals are allowed to carry
Only criminals are allowed to have handguns and such

We (the law abiding citizens) can have long guns and baseball bats, and some knives if they are less than 4" in blade length.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:26:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here's what I think I know:

-No handguns unless your pistol registration is 1983 or older
-long guns okay(?)
-NO EBR's

If someone can tell me if I'm wrong, or add any additions that I know, it's greatly appreciated.  

Correct on the handgun registration, 1983. No way around it, period.

Fudd long guns can be registered in the city limits. IIRC, there's actually places on the extreme southside where you can hunt birds in the Chicago city limits, believe it or not.

Correct on EBR's for the most part, as Cook County has it's own AWB that bans most EBR's by name (or variants thereof).

I am still waiting to see the "features" ban that's supposed to exist for Chicago proper.
If the Chicago "features ban" turns out to be a myth, there would be a definite, definite loophole to register a non-Colt AR15 in the Chicago city limits- presuming you were willing to fight it when the Chief laughed at you and said he wouldn't accept the registration even though it's perfectly legal and he is obliged to do it.
After all... [Sean Connery]"That's the CHICAGO way..."[/Sean Connery]

Assholes in positions of high authority in that city act like gods to a degree not seen since ancient Rome, in spite of the fact that amongst them, an IQ over 110 is about as common as a Chicago handgun registration.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Also check out what norwood posted HERE.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Also check out what norwood posted HERE.

Saw that-thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top