Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 5:37:23 AM EDT
I live in Central Illinois, not quite the peoples republic in and around Communist Chicago.  I tried to order AMMO online from MIDWAY and was DENIED because I live in Illinois. I have ordered successfully from several other vendors but MIDWAY was the only company that had BLACK HILLS in stock.

I thought the laws permitted me to receive AMMO from vendors.  I thought only the communists in the north could not.  Can anyone share with me what the law states???
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I've ordered successfully from:
Classic Arms
SportsmansGuide
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought the laws permitted me to receive AMMO from vendors.  I thought only the communists in the north could not.  Can anyone share with me what the law states???

It's not the law that is preventing you, it's vendor stupidity.

I get my junk from AIM and ammunitionstore.com
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Midway flat out will not ship ammo to Illinois. Not even to FFL licensee's I talked with the sales manager at Shot Show about this. He said he's already been slapped with a few $1000+ fines by Massachusetts for shipping certain things there. They have a full time employee whose only duties are to maintain a current list of shipping restrictions.

In order to sell ammo to IL residents they'd have to have a hard copy of DL and FOID and then they'd have to keep it on file. They don't want to get bogged down w/ maintaining all the compliance paperwork only to have the IL Atty General's office constantly demanding they show proof of compliance w/ IL law. Thus their decision to just cut off ammo shipments to their eastern bloc neighbor.

AIM surplus for Adcom M855
KY Imports for Q3131
Sportsmans guide for various deals they have.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Natchez does not request a copy of your foid or DL. I have had very good service from them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
hey whats the link for AIM
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hey whats the link for AIM

www.aimsurplus.com/
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#8]
These guys are great to deal with!!

www.wholesalehunter.com/

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#10]
cabelas too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:02:53 AM EDT
[#11]
THANKS EVERYONE - I'm running low on my Black Hills and desperately need to find some more. I will check out each of these sites to see who has it in stock.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:13:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I like Sportsman's Guide. You have to watch their prices, but their shipping is fast to us since they are so close. They recently screwed up two orders for non-ammo stuff. I called and they mailed me a prepaid UPS label and I got my credit wicki-wicki. I know they get a lot of criticism, but I have been very pleased with them. I just bought 1K of Federal '05 surplus .45 ammo for pennies a box more than WWB at Wal-Mart.

I have ordered from AIM and Midway in the past with no problems, though it's been a while. There is a place in Oklahoma that has great deals on Speer GD called outdoor America store. I couldn't connect to their website this morning, but it is: www.outdooramericastore.com  their phone number is 800 858-1828.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:44:59 AM EDT
[#13]
CABELAS said NO to me.  No one else has BH ammo in stock. I was looking for .308 175gr MHP w/wout Moly and 77gr .223/5.56 MHP w/wout moly.  So far, no luck. I will try to call Black Hills directly. My local guy doesnt like dealing with Ammo and wont help.  Looks like Black Hills is hard to get for those of us stuck in the peoples republic.  Maybe I need to drive to Indiana...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I haven't been able to get Black Hills since GPSS went out of business and I had gotten some from Midway just before they quit selling to IL residents, and I haven't called Cabelas in a while.  I don't know of anyone who carries most of their ammo line at reasonable prices.  Gander Mt. sometimes has some of their stuff in stock, but of course, you have to go to their store.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I buy all my Wolf ammo through Sportman's guide.

The 1000rd case is usually on my doorstep in 2 days.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Wish I could help but I am in Northern ILL and I can order direct from Black Hills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top