Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/3/2006 6:02:54 AM EDT
I have a friend (IL resident) who is attending U of MO. He would like to purchase a rifle from a local guy in MO. Since he is out -of-state, FTF sale is not OK. Must go through FFL. FFL said he needs to have a valid FOID card. Due to the backlog in FOID processing center, my friend is still waiting for his new FOID (23 days and counting now). Here is the question:

If an IL resident has a C&R FFL, can he buy this rifle (a C&R piece) in MO without a FOID card?

With the backlog in FOID processing in IL, perhaps it is faster for him to get a C&R from BATFE.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:14:56 AM EDT
No. You cannot buy or possess anything as an Illinois resident without a valid FOID card, regardless of whether you have an FFL or not.

BTW, I've been waiting two months for my C&R and I doubt that it will come any time soon. If you think .il.gov takes forever, I challenge you to try .gov.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:49:44 AM EDT
Really? My C&R came in 4 weeks (from mailing the app to getting the license in the mailbox). My friend just got his yesterday and it was about 4 weeks too. You may want to call them. Or, perhaps BATFE runs extra check for IL residents that involve the .il.gov? Hence the delay.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:55:33 AM EDT
Don't do it until you have a valid FOID card. Illinois residents may not posess any firearm with a valid FOID. Having a C&R FFL 03 license does not change the FOID laws.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:06:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MouseGun87:
Really? My C&R came in 4 weeks (from mailing the app to getting the license in the mailbox). My friend just got his yesterday and it was about 4 weeks too. You may want to call them. Or, perhaps BATFE runs extra check for IL residents that involve the .il.gov? Hence the delay.

I sent it in the first week of December. I haven't got anything yet, although the BATFE did process my payment.

Top Top