Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/26/2006 11:22:16 AM EDT
Don't forget lobby Day on March 15, 2006!! It will start at 1:00 pm in the cafeteria in the basement of the Stratton Building at the Capitol. There will also be a reception from 5:30 pm until 7:30 pm. For the latest details, check the ISRA web calendar. http://www.isra.org/calendar/#lobbyday
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:22:59 AM EDT
I want to go this year.

I will probaly drive down at the crack of ass on the 15th with enough time to clean up and change clothes and "lobby down". I have no idea what to expect other than not knowing anyone and trying not to swear.

I plan on driving back to Lake Co. after that.

JR

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:50:32 AM EDT
I hope to make it , I'll probably be laid off. If not laid off I try to keep a vac day here and there .

I just wish I had Bigger and Deeper Pockets. When I hit the Lotto , you guys will be 4th to know.

I have two suits, one for funerals , and one for weddings. Oh , and Beware The Ides Of March
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:37:51 PM EDT
I always feel good when I go. It is amazing at how accessible our elected officials really are. You may not change their mind, but it is good to make them look you in the eye and explain to you their mixed up ideas.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:29:19 AM EDT
Don't forget lobby Day on March 15, 2006!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:02:43 PM EDT
BTT.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:40:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 5:41:29 PM EDT by AKRay]
I'll be there. Anyone else going?

Link to info
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:11:06 PM EDT
I couldn't get the day off.

Wave to all our money when you are walking by the Dept of revenue.

JR
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:58:20 PM EDT
I wasn't originally going to go, but there are some people I would like to meet. I'll be going :) I'm coming from Rockford, if anyone else from here wants to carpool or something let me know. I look forward to going down there, despite the long drive! Feel free to contact me.

Shaun Kranish
Founder-Director, ICarry.org
sak@icarry.org
815-979-3885
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:32:38 AM EDT
ISRA Lobby Day - Wednesday, March 15, 2006

All ISRA members are invited to join in Lobby Day in Springfield on March 15, 2006. This is an annual event where the members directly lobby their representatives in the Illinois House and Senate. We will meet in the cafeteria in the basement of the Stratton Building from 1:00 pm for registration. We will have a legislative briefing, then we will all proceed to the Capitol Building to find our representatives. We will have a reception at the State House Inn from 5:30 pm until 7:30 pm.

Please join us for Lobby Day, you won't regret going. The webmaster remembers the first time that he went, he found this a satisfying and memorable event that shaped his thoughts about the legislative process.

What: ISRA Lobby Day

When: Wednesday, March 15, 2006, 1:00pm to 7:30pm

Where: Starting Location:

Stratton Building, College and Monroe, Springfield, IL - View Map

Parking: Metered on-street parking is available to the south and west of the Stratton Building.
The meters accept quarters for up to a 9 hour period.

Bring: A pen for writing.

Apparel: Wear whatever you'd feel comfortable in while you are meeting your representatives, and don't forget you'll also be representing the rest of your fellow ISRA members. Business casual is suggested, dress up if you want. Please, no camo.

Security: After last year's tragedy, there are now metal detectors in the Capitol Building that you will have to pass through on your way in, so please think ahead for this: no knives, novelty ammo keyfobs, etc. Bring proper identification.

Who: You, of course! ...and bring a friend.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:26:31 PM EDT
Don't forget lobby Day on March 15, 2006!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:37:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 12:52:46 PM EDT by woodbutcher223308]
Still looks like I will make it. Hope to see ya there. I feel it is needed to thank the ones sticking up for us in our RKBA, . I can call ,and or, thank my local Rep. or Sen. without much sweat or as much driving. Both support us.

I want to thank the ones farther away that are helping us all out too.

Not too sure how long I can stick around yet .

Thanks FRIZ , for keeping the faith too.

Crap, couldn't make it after all.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:51:59 PM EDT
how was it?
Top Top