Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 10:29:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey now,

Does this help?

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09400HB2414ham006&GA=94&SessionId=50&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=17433&DocNum=2414&GAID=8&Session=

I apologize in advance if this is faulty or irrelevant information. I can't understand it anyways...

M.B. Wendel

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Amendment 6 had a grandfather clause.

As the bill stands now, there is no such provision, so it's give them up or destroy them.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
found this on another board..........................

"""...and you would be correct.

Here's what I just learned from a phone call. Amendment # 6 wasn't going to fly, they didn't have the votes!!!!!

So amendment # 7 will be even more appeasing to those who are sitting on the fence. As was told to me, it is belief that the anti’s are trying to keep us on are toes, a diversion (my word) then come out of the blue with another bill, such as the “squirt gun” bill.

It is felt that they are trying to get this ram down till the primaries. By doing this Braco Man gets his base covered….which would include the Mayor “d”. Then once the primary is over, the bill probably would be drop so as not to offend the downstate voters.

The source even couldn’t find logic in the above. If Braco Man was to get the ban, he offends the downstate voters anyway.

I believe someone here on the board, mentioned that he probably doesn’t feel he needs the downstate voters to get elected….and that could very well be. It would be foolish of any political member to even entertain such a notion. It’s political suicide.

According to my source, if one was to look at the bill with all the amendments, it’s got so many exemptions that they (are side) is going to question just what they (the anti’s) are trying to do with this bill.

Thinking out loud here, the bill is useless as an assault weapons ban. It doesn’t really accomplish any note worthy agenda that the other side wants to achieve. That being, the total ban on assault weapons, to compromise as they are can only mean that they are trying to appease their base to remain in office.

One must ask themselves logically, what good is a ban when about 100,000 + NRA, ISRA, or non members can have the weapon with a grandfather clause.

They know perfectly well, that Chicago all ready has a ban on these type of firearms and others types as well. They also know that these types of weapons are not the weapon of choice by the criminal element."""
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

As the bill stands now, there is no such provision, so it's give them up or destroy them.  

What, the crooked politicians??  

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's THAT line, cause I want to go stand in it NOW!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's THAT line, cause I want to go stand in it NOW!

Right behind me

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
No grandfather will likely mean this Bill is going to die.  Even many  politicians who aren't fans of guns are going to vote against a Bill that requires seizure and destruction of private proprty.  

I certainly would not want to be a LEO forced to confiscate weapons if that Bill ever passed...an UGLY business that will be.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Beside which, could you imagine what it would cost to fund search and siezure under this bill?? It would require a massive manpower hire (figure 4-5 man siezure team) plus equipment (full body armor head to toe), weapons, vehicles etc. Even if they only hit half of the FOID list they are looking at damn near 500,000 or more hits. That's gonna work out to an awful lot of money to fund something as lame as an Illinois AWB. And it still will not stop the violent gun related crime. It will simply get worse as the bad guys know once again...Illinoisians are sheep to the slaughter!!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#9]
C.A.G.E. .Chicago Anti Gun Team.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:46:04 AM EDT
[#10]
This bill is dead already. The votes aren't there in the House or Senate especially in an election year.

I agree with Dawg, I would hate being the LEO's doing the confiscating. However, most law enforcement doesn't have the hair or the resources to conduct this type of operation as it strays outside the boundaries of giving DUI's or not believeing female domestic violence victims when they show up to do their secretarial work after their husbands have beaten them senseless.

I predict the Dems lose some seats this year and Blago is out of a job. We'll see.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Cue the sound of coffee squirting out my nose

patriot
Please tell me you were serious about running for office.

JR
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Cue the sound of coffee squirting out my nose

patriot
Please tell me you were serious about running for office.

JR

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Guys, there won't be any raiding team.  (except for comicago, casuse they enjoy stuff like that)

It will probably be more civil than that

1) they'll pass some administrative rules based on the statute to empower whatever state agency
2) they send letters to anyone with a FOID
3) they'll require everyone to issue certifications of compliance / showing up at the local pd etc.
4) failure to cooperate will result in imposition of fines and/or revocation of the FOID = instant felony
5) they can take away your driver's license (speeding, DUI and bouncing checks already does that),
or some other form of coercion that makes life difficult in general....

Remember, law abiding citizens like us are always subject to following the law.......

believe me "de-balling" you'all won't come at the end of a muzzle...and it won't cost a lot of money either....once we are all de-balled, crime will rise as usually and they'll take away you stick too...heheheh....so ah vote!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top