Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 9:01:10 PM EDT
I heard it this morning on WLS AM.

He's saying how, as Governor, he'll "Bring home Illinois' heroes" since, with the crappy economy, we need them here more than overseas.

He brings up the Cat workers losing their jobs, but doesn't go into specifics... almost sounding like a dumbocrat.

Has osme whiny sounding NIMBY type soccer mom voice over talking about how "He's a candidate all of Illinois can support - Republican, Democrat, and Independent"

Not getting into the obvious "Iraq - Yea or Nay" business, I think the Governor of a state would have a real difficult time telling Uncle Sam that he can't federalize ARNG units...

Of course, they might  let him recall them home.

He better not try to cash the check from the feds for the expressway project in '07, or the one for school funding , or the farm subsidy, or wildlife management....

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Of course, they might  let him recall them home.

Absolutely not.  Not sure where people get the idea that ARNG soldiers are any less of soliders than any other component of the U.S. Army.

When federalized, ARNG soldiers are members of the U.S. Army, just like any other soldier.  Governor has no say in their duties.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I heard it  too.  WGN.  Maybe he cat get the folks at Cat to build  rop bulldozer.

Edit... Cuz , well you know.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#3]
who?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#4]
New version of the ad's out - apparently IL's shitty economy is due directly to the war, and the lack of IL workers as a result of deployment.

We need to rebuild Illinois, nor Iraq

Of course, he then goes on to mention that pensions are being depleted (By Bush, as a secret OIF funraiser no doubt).
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I heard the Propaganda today on WLS. He is just trying to get votes from both parties in a "Union" state. I hear  some of the same BS from "Union" hunters. Illinois politics feeds on ignorance
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Where you been Jager?

ndpd , . Do you remember when the Cat Squished  the protester?   ...moore Cats  to squish the terriosts and their  axis .   Illionis products , by Illinoins sQuishing  Dirtbags...

Need to go to bed now....Yeah, union votes,  

The gov is pandering , and blowing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top