Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 2:42:41 PM EDT
I see kane county and lakemoor gun shows are both next weekend.  What would be the better one to check out?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The gun show to be at next weekend is in Indianapolis.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have never been to that one Tim, why do you say it is the better one to go to?

Joe
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I see kane county and lakemoor gun shows are both next weekend.  What would be the better one to check out?  

I don't know if any of them will be worth the time because Kankakee is also on the 15th, and dividing the dealer pool among three shows makes for slim pickings all the way around. Last month Kane, Kankakee, and CADA were all on the same day and the suckiness of the shows reflected it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never been to that one Tim, why do you say it is the better one to go to?

Joe

well, i'm not tim and i haven't been to the indy 1500 yet.  but it is billed as the biggest gun show east of the mississippi.  sounds like a pretty big one.

jake
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've never been to Kane county, but lately I've felt Lakemoor was just a waste of time.

I second the notion for Indy.  It's HUGE!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Joe

Yes, it's absolutely huge.  Once you go to that one, you'll never bother with any other gun show ever again.  I don't bother with Illinois shows.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Joe

Yes, it's absolutely huge.  Once you go to that one, you'll never bother with any other gun show ever again.  I don't bother with Illinois shows.

Wow 4 hours one way... you guys are nuts!
I would rather do mail order with RB and still get a great price and spend the 8+ hours of drive time playing ball or something with my son...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#8]
It's being able to manhandle any piece of hardware you want that is priceless.

That and watching people clear their firearms by the door before coming inside, and walking around with their holstered sidearms.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's being able to manhandle any piece of hardware you want that is priceless.

That and watching people clear their firearms by the door before coming inside, and walking around with their holstered side arms.

No disagreements there, but 8 hours of driving is nuts!
If I was in the area or something I would not be so adamantly against it, but come on...
Also with that monster show going on at the same time as three other shows in IL. What kind of turn out are going to have this weekend?
Who was the smart person that set this up?
Just a little more planning would have made more sense than to have all of these shows at the same time!

I like my local shows, especially when I am able to buy something at a fair price and support my local dealers and vendors... I know, RANT, RANT, RANT!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I love the local shows (especially Princeton, I go whether I have cash or not) but these are all, what, 150-200-250 table shows and they always have empty tables.

When I walked into the Indy show 2 years ago, my jaw dropped.

Tables and tables and tables full of everything you can think of (an original Full-Rock 'n Roll AR10 comes to mind) all sorts of ammo, more machineguns, lots of AR's and AK's, full auto 1919's and a couple full auto Ma Dueces.

You'll never look at your local shows the same way again.

Sadly, the only reason we went is because we were in Indy to watch a Supercross race the next day and I haven't made a trip dedicated to just the gunshow.

As good (and as big) as any IL show is, the Indy show is 5X better with deals everywhere.

I'll eventually go again, probably when I'm down at IL State.....I'd be 2 hours closer then

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

When you put it that way I can't afford to go the Indy show IF IT WILL RUIN ALL OTHER GUNSHOWS FOREVER. What will I do the rest of the year.

Lakemoor will probably be a tanker. At the last one in Dec it seemed like it was just dawning on people that the 15th was going to be a big mistake. Though there were deals to be found. I will be going to Kane just because more dealers will be there. ( I hope)

Even a little show like Lakemoor is what you make it. Sometimes deals are not what you need but what you can trade or sell to get what you need. I found a TRW M14 OP rod there for $80.00 and at the last show a TRW M14 trigger assy for $75.00. If you have been pricing M14 parts those are about $100.00 below market.

Little shows. Big shows I love them all.

"Large Chili Please."

JR
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]
It's not so much that it will ruin your local show for you, it's just that you'll know that there is a better show going on that you're not at.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
TIndy can't be beat for things like "gray market" Black Talons (in years past)

I have some NIB Black Talons if you want some (real ones, not SXTs).
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#16]
So what's the best tactic for this show?  Go for deals on the 1st day or wait them out until Sunday?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top