Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 2:32:20 AM EDT
I just thought I'd stop by and say hello.  Signed up yesterday after many months of just reading.

The name is Walter, live and work in the western 'burbs (Downers Grove).

I don't own a black rifle yet, I am still attempting to decide which one I'd like (Bushmaster, Colt, RRA, etc) and what sort of configuration.

In the meantime, I keep myself amused with a Sig 239 in 40 - not a bad piece, but  I really want some sort of ar15 - hopefully within the next couple of months.

I think that's it - just saying hi!

-Walter

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:08:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello Walter!

Come out the Kane County on the 15th for the gun show... You will see a shit load of stuff and maybe figure out what you want!

Joe1972
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome from nearby Elmhurst
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome Walter!

I am right next to you in Clarendon Hills.

Where do you shoot that Sig at? Midwest, Rinks Mega Sports?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome Walter, in Schaumburg myself.....Ever think of building your own AR?? Lots of ways to go that way....mack
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the welcome!

45Ron - I've only been out to Midwest, but I've heard good things about Rinks.

Mack69 - That never crossed my mind - that might be a more viable option for me - I guess it will allow me to build out exactly what I want.   I still have to settle on a lower - part of me says Colt (don't ask why, name?) but I've heard excellent things about Bushmaster.   I don't know too much about ar15s other than I really want one, so I've got some learning to do.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Howdy.

Welcome to the site.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Robert and Krista from RB Precision should be at the Kane county show on the 15th.
I bought a RRA lower from them for a great price!!!
If you know what you want they can sell it to you right now if it is stock and you can pick it up at the show.  That’s how I did it with my Lower... we agreed on the price, they sent out the yellow form for me to fill out and I picked up at the show!
I don’t want to sound like the RB Precision fan club president, but they really help us out here in the Il Forum...
If I decide on my next lower I think Robert will have a repeat customer...

www.rbprecision.com/
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#8]
-42-

Welcome to the site.

You should entertain the idea of building a rifle instead.  There are plenty of us around here with the tools and know how to build a rifle from the ground up, me being one of them.

It ends up costing alot less money, you can hand pick the best components from different companies, and you learn alot in the process.

Scott
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Robert and Krista from RB Precision should be at the Kane county show on the 15th.
If you know what you want they can sell it to you right now if it is stock and you can pick it up at the show.  That’s how I did it with my Lower... we agreed on the price, they sent out the yellow form for me to fill out and I picked up at the show!
I don’t want to sound like the RB Precision fan club president, but they really help us out here in the Il Forum...

www.rbprecision.com/

Ah, no. They told me that they will be down at Indy.

As will I

efxguy
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.rbprecision.com/

Ah, no. They told me that they will be down at Indy.

As will I

efxguy

Oh Crap!
I will check with them for sure and post the info as soon as I get it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome!

I'm in Palos Hills BTW-south of you.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:37:06 AM EDT
[#14]
"part of me says Colt (don't ask why, name?)"
jump in..the Kool Aid is GREAT
(refer to Colt Forums for explanation)

welcome aboard from Naperville
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#15]
yo

from Wheaton
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry computer problems last night... triple tap!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:49:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Hi. Make sure to post in the Hometown forum check-in thread. it's one of the tacked threads at the top of the Illinois Forum.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome Aboard Walter. Bensenville here.

Dan

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top