sales tax would have been about $40 if it was bought local

I'm gonna try mini 12 ga next order
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
by March,

in for 1 case,  Item#A223LC
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
With XM193 and Q3131 supplies drying up, I've been thinking about trying to organize a group buy of Canned Heat through Georgia Arms. Someone told me they'd do free shipping with a 5 thou. round order, and it's supposed to be some fine range ammo... $160/thou. for 55 gr. FMJ. I'm in DuPage Co. If there's enough interest, I'll start a new thread.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Canned heat is reloaded ammo.  If you guys want reloaded ammo and are willing to pay $160/thou I'll buy a press and personally load the ammo if you like.

I'm going to the Indy show next weekend if anyone wants anything from Ammunition Store.  Georgia Arms was there as well last year so if they're there again, I can stop by their booth as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:40:07 AM EDT
[#5]
for all you guys interested in adcom 223, they are having a special on it good until 1/27/05.  free shipping.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Specials.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Hummm, well, at that price I suppose I will have to try 1K.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
for all you guys interested in adcom 223, they are having a special on it good until 1/27/05.  free shipping.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Specials.html

Well here's hoping it's good. I just got 2K rounds for $340.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By npd233.

adcom has been established as quality ammo, but if you could report on its quality that would be much appreciated.  thanks - p
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By npd233.

adcom has been established as quality ammo, but if you could report on its quality that would be much appreciated.  thanks - p

I'll get it soon enough. Problem is I probably wont' get a chance to shoot it until March.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'll get it soon enough. Problem is I probably wont' get a chance to shoot it until March.

oh boy, how about your first impressions.  how they look, headstamp, how they are packaged.  thanks
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#12]
My ADCOM is '00.  Worked great in my Carbon 15 and buddies AR today.

Will order more from AIM, 1-2k, it's blastin ammo, but steel core, so not for use in Three Gun

Little hotter than Fed. Mil. , little less accurate--in our two rifles today--my 16"Carbon15 was a flame thrower w/this stuff.  Thought I might get service call, so didn't set up chrono, will in two weeks

Was able to keep all rounds in IPSC A zone at 100 yds.  fast fire off sandbag w/4 MOA jpoint--good enough, but not awesome

Was getting 20 round baseball sized groups w/ Fed AE though...

It looks like it's BOXER primed-that surprised me, will try to deprime before saying for sure, but looks like it...

I'd say it's about equal to 7.62 South African, def. works, but USA is better, of course

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's photos. Haven't shot it yet, so these'll have to do. I have to say that $340 for 2K rounds is pretty awesome price for M855.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here's photos. Haven't shot it yet, so these'll have to do. I have to say that $340 for 2K rounds is pretty awesome price for M855.

lol, did you buy that from century or AIM?  looks really nice and clean, doesnt looks like any molecule of water is getting through the primer sealant
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, did you buy that from century or AIM?  looks really nice and clean, doesnt looks like any molecule of water is getting through the primer sealant

AIM. Century Arms is the importer, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#16]
When we start running the numbers on this again, I'm revising my order as follows:

1K SA .380
1K M855 .223
2x Polish 7.62x54R (440 rds/case)
1 Yugo 8mm (900 rds/case)
5x Fiocchi .40 S&W

So something like 4K rounds.

Prices have already gone up on the .223 and it appears they no longer have the SS109 in stock.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]
AIM now has 1980's/90's battlepacked 55-grn .223 from Guatemala at as low as $0.17 a round.  The prices for this and the ADCOM are almost identical.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of__223.html

Anybody have any experience with this Guatemalan stuff?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Guatemalan

There is a thread on the ammo forum.  It looks like good stuff.  I am definately going to get some.

Are we back on for this ammo buy?  I just got my C&R on Saturday!  

I need 8mm, the Guatemalan 5.56, 7.5swiss, 30-06, maybe some 7.62x54r.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
AIM now has 1980's/90's battlepacked 55-grn .223 from Guatemala at as low as $0.17 a round.  The prices for this and the ADCOM are almost identical.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of__223.html

Anybody have any experience with this Guatemalan stuff?

Why would anyone pay that?

Wolf is $105/thou.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:57:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Wolf is $105/thou.

Anybody would pay that so they don't have to buy the Wolf. Anybody can always buy Wolf if their only concern is price per round.

The hunt is always on for quality military spec ammo at a decent price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Paging [Dr. ] pdynak:

Are we looking at going through with this, say mid-March? Just in time for Buffalo opening?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wolf is $105/thou.

Anybody would pay that so they don't have to buy the Wolf. Anybody can always buy Wolf if their only concern is price per round.

The hunt is always on for quality military spec ammo at a decent price.

Mil spec ammo from a third world country?

No thanks.

I do keep mil spec ammo around, but mine comes from Lake City, not from a foreign land.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Paging [Dr. ] pdynak:

Are we looking at going through with this, say mid-March? Just in time for Buffalo opening?

he guys, sorry i havnt been posting much on this lately.  just busy, you know.  traveling for work isnt as glamorous as some would think,  anyways.

the whole reason for me starting this group ammo buy was because i was looking to pick up several thousand rounds and was thinking about driving down to AIM to pick it up, to save on shipping.  i figured since i was planning on making the drive i might as well add others orders to try and get a better price from AIM.  

since the preliminary numbers where not very strong, the savings where not really worth it.  escpecially with fuel costs, time involved in planning and distribution.  AIM was taking off about 5% or so plus or minus.  im sure an FFL can get a better price.  escpcially if the order was much larger.

so i guess at this point i dont have the time to organize this.  im flying out of town for 3-5days at a time with short notice, so its really hard for me to keep track of this and actually plan a month in advance.  and plus to save 5% on ammo, im sure most people would pay a little extra to not give money to a stranger, go out of their way to pick it up and wait an extra week or two just to get it.

sorry guys i dont have time for this right now, but when things slow down i will consider organizing another attempt.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok pdynak, that's cool.  Thanks for letting us know it's off.  

. . . I was just looking at my budget, ammo and otherwise and wondering if I should set aside $$ for this sometime in March.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top