Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/30/2003 4:54:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/30/2003 4:55:02 PM EDT by bharney]
I am looking for a place to shoot my AR down around Alton.

They have a pistol range and a trap and skeet field at Olin in East Alton, but do not allow rifles.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:34:23 AM EDT
Don't know about immediate Alton area, Effingham, IL has CMP, Garand, and NRA Hi-P shoots, 100 yd reduced, Bunker Hill, (East of Litchfield), has CMP and Garand matches. There's a place south of St Louis somewhere that has a full 600 yd course of fire on Sat, and a 600 yd only course on the following Sun every couple months, I think they're done for the year, tho. Another spot is Tamalco (South of Mulberry Grove), they have 100 yd reduced Hi-P.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:00:25 AM EDT
Harris Police Equipment in Mulberry Grove, IL has a spot right at his place to shoot. Also - KVS Club by Carlyle, IL has a 100 yard rifle range. How is Olin? I have been thinking about going over there - I am in Greenville not to far away.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:25:25 PM EDT
I've shot CMP up at Brittany Shooting Park north of Bunker Hill. I've been there a few times with my little brothers too. It's a nice place and cheap. (only like $35 a year for a membership) The guy told me once that if noone was shooting at the berm on the hundred yard side, I could go out in the field on the shotgun range side and shoot back toward the berm. I would estimate that side of the berm to have around ~1000 yards if memory serves. That makes it one of the longest ranges around.

There url is:
http://www.brittanyshooting.com/
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:37:08 PM EDT
I'll second what sociopath said about Brittany.
Good place to shoot and cheap. It's only 10 minutes from my house.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:50:27 AM EDT
Jewmonkey: Does the Harris place have a shoot this Sat 15th? Heard about a combat pistol/rifle match, reg. at 1, shoot at 2. Source wasn't for sure, tho.
Top Top