Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2003 7:07:26 AM EDT
We need to have more posts and threads in our Hometown forum.

I'm looking at some of the other states, notably Texas, and see the amount of traffic and wonder why we can't do the same.

Anyone have any ideas on how we can increase traffic and interest in our forum?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quantity doesn't mean squat, it's quality that counts.  I think most of us use the board to communicate with other members,  not just to vent or "share our thoughts".  Post something interesting or thought provoking and I'll bet you get a bunch of responses.  Post drivel and you'll get nothing in return.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
texas is a tad different, most of the guys there are in dallas ft worth area, and they can get together on a more reg basis. here in illinois we are spread out a lot farther. not even sure if there are any memebers  in chicago proper. i just found out that i live 7 miles from eswanson.  i am trying to get new memebers to join,  and i am bringing a couple of guys that shoot and hunt with me sunday.maybe after meeting ya'll in ottawa this weekend they will. i told them how  you are all a great bunch of guy, but they wanted to meet fishfood.

that brings up another good point. any of you trying to get new members to join? what better way  to get more traffic  here than to get like minded people that you know to join ar15.com.
i am constantly telling people that are into the sport about  this site, i am  even thinking about making some business cards with the website on it to pass out to iintrested people.

c ya'll sunday
i am not sure i want to hang out with snojet, he keeps bringing roadkill to cook for me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Nah,  no roadkill for TB.   only the finest that Oscar Mayer has to offer ! ! !
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:09:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I think when I get paid next it's time to join, I have been a non-paying memebr for a while now. Between the NRA, ISRA and GOA I'm going to go broke!! LOL, hey it's worth it to me. I really wish i could make it out on Sunday but unfortunately I have to finish staining my siding before it gets too cold out. I do really, really want to go now. FYI....I am on the border of McHenry/Lake CO, anyone close by? I still think we need to buy a giant chunk of land in Northern IL for us Northern IL guys. I'd love to see a group of us go in on some land to shoot on, something we can pass down to our kids someday. Anyway, I'd really like to meet all you guys one of these days. Oh yeah.....I got my sister's boyfriend to sign up here....he is Patriot 77 but he's shy and hasn't posted anything yet. Maybe he will introduce himself soon. Have fun Sunday guys!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone have any ideas on how we can increase traffic and interest in our forum?

Um, just an idea but you could make sure that a thread here winds up in the "Active Topics" at least once a day. I just loooove that button.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Been hanging around for awhile but never posted anything yet.  Here's another one for ya in Illinos

Hey Patriot73, where've you been?  Haven't seen you since our meeting in Springfield when you and I told those communist city folk to go scratch. So far so good...
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure that you'll see more activity around November 4th. Is it a coincidence that is the same day that the Fall Veto Session starts?

The real traffic should start early next year when the Daley and his bitches start up full bore again.

That's usually the only time that I post here on a consistent basis.

Speaking of Fall Veto, a couple of bills are on the calendar.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Been hanging around for awhile but never posted anything yet.  Here's another one for ya in Illinos

Hey Patriot73, where've you been?  Haven't seen you since our meeting in Springfield when you and I told those communist city folk to go scratch. So far so good...

So far so good Green Monster but you know that Richie and his Commie cronies never rest. I am sure we will be in Springfield again soon. Oh and uh, you know where I have been hippie.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm sure that you'll see more activity around November 4th. Is it a coincidence that is the same day that the Fall Veto Session starts?

The real traffic should start early next year when the Daley and his bitches start up full bore again.

What bills are we talking about here GreenDragon? Hopefully we are changing the IL Constitution to allow Governor recalls. By the way, the Green Monster and I were sitting in-front of you last Spring in Springfield. Hard to forget a name like the GreenDragon. I haven't heard anything from the ISRA yet but I hardly rely on them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What bills are we talking about here GreenDragon? Hopefully we are changing the IL Constitution to allow Governor recalls. By the way, the Green Monster and I were sitting in-front of you last Spring in Springfield. Hard to forget a name like the GreenDragon. I haven't heard anything from the ISRA yet but I hardly rely on them.

I remember that day well. They jerked us around for quite awhile before getting started. I'd say that we all made an impression that day. We may not have won 100%, but I think we suprised them with our enthusiastic turnout. Even the stuff that didn't go our way didn't go anywhere(although, never say never).

I remember meeting you guys at the hearing. If I remember correctly, you made a long-assed drive to be at that hearing. It's a shame that people that lived a few blocks away couldn't make the effort.

Most people think that my screen name has to do with martial arts or mythical creatures. It was the name of the tavern in Boston where our Founding Fathers planned the Revolution. From what I hear, it's still around. It's still a hangout for Mass. politicians. It sickens me to think that Teddy and his cronies hangout in such a historical place. Oh well, focus on the positive.

When we last left off, SB 1195 and SB 0947 were still alive but going nowhere. These still appear to be dormant for the moment, they're not on the calendar. They need to be watched.

HB 0515 is the Firearms Tracing bill. It sounds like a good thing for us. It passed both chambers. Not surprising, Blojo vetoed it. It's back on the calendar for 11-4-03.

Here's the odd one. SB 0382 was the bill that would make it the same crime to attempt to purchase as it is to actually purchase. It passed both chambers with flying colors. When it hit Blojo's desk, he vetoed it on 8-7-03. It was put on the calendar for 11-4-03, this was done on 10-23-03(last Thursday).

Here's the funny part. On 8-7-03, Blojo signed into law HB 0312 that contains the same language. He vetoed SB 0382 because it was no longer needed.

Why would his cronies bring up a bill into the veto session that has already been signed into law under another bill? Sounds like they're going to gut SB 0382, and stuff it full of some other Daley shitbill(my guess is that they'll try to stuff it with SB 0947 language). They're full of backdoor bullshit tactics, just look at the HB 2356/SB 0947 tricks.

These scum need to be watched daily.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:46:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Interesting fact on the Tavern, thanks for the info!! Let's keep each other informed as information becomes available. Blago is a scum bag, that's an understatement. Who the hell elected this ass monkey? Yes, the Green Monster and I trucked all the way down from the Chicago Burbs and will do it again and again and again. The sad thing about this area is that most people aren't anti-gun and the ones that are considered anti-gun are more ignorant than anything else. People up here need to be told what to do or they get nervous thinking they may have to make a decision for themselves. My question is, how do we get legislation out there that will call for Mayoral term limits in Chicago, retro-active if possible. That scum bag Daley needs to go and unless his ass is thrown out, he is dictator, uh, I mean mayor for life. Does no one understand that Illinois is politically stuck in 1968? Enough with Daley, time for term limits. How do we get a bill introduced for this? Could we start a petition? What do we do? Anybody?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:17:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Interesting fact on the Tavern, thanks for the info!! Let's keep each other informed as information becomes available. Blago is a scum bag, that's an understatement. Who the hell elected this ass monkey? Yes, the Green Monster and I trucked all the way down from the Chicago Burbs and will do it again and again and again. The sad thing about this area is that most people aren't anti-gun and the ones that are considered anti-gun are more ignorant than anything else. People up here need to be told what to do or they get nervous thinking they may have to make a decision for themselves. My question is, how do we get legislation out there that will call for Mayoral term limits in Chicago, retro-active if possible. That scum bag Daley needs to go and unless his ass is thrown out, he is dictator, uh, I mean mayor for life. Does no one understand that Illinois is politically stuck in 1968? Enough with Daley, time for term limits. How do we get a bill introduced for this? Could we start a petition? What do we do? Anybody?

Term limits on Da Mayor would have to address Home Rule, which is part of the 1970 rewrite of the State Constitution. Any law that could over rule Home Rule (I think) needs a Super Majority to pass. With the top slots in ALL comittees  held by Daley's puppets it would never pass.

I think our best bet, considering our   resources and our enemies would be a boycott and PR campaign to raise awareness of the Chicago Star Chamber's domination of the State and how that's  detrimental to the state. If we exploit the already bad blood between the City and  The Burbs, we might make an impact for the next Gov's race. If we work with a  simple slogan like "Say No To Chicago", and concentrate on tax, job, airport and cronyism  issues we could gather alot of support. We can include the gun issue, but we could make it  (for appearances only) a  tertiary concern.
I think alot of soccer moms who support Da Mayor on guns, will tun on him when we show them  what a  stinking money pit Chgo is, and why Chgo schools get Millions of state and fed $$$$ to turn out losers, gang bangers and knocked-up 15 year old girls, while their own school districts have to double class size and lay off the lunch ladies and janitors, while Chicago High Schools have 3-4 Vice Principal each and the school system has several  bldgs full of administrors.
Chgo's weakness is it wallet...... if we hit them there, we could see some success in turning the Chgoans out in the next state election cycle.

CKMorley

PS: My cat passed away sunday morning..... so BlastFest V was forgotten. Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I like it. Perhaps we should make like a zillion "say no to Chicago" bumperstickers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#14]
CK Morley, sounds like a feasible plan.

Downstate, the people hate Chicago politics with a passion.  Now that Daley has Springfield swimming with his whores, it's even worse. They seem to run around with impunity.

Most people would like Chicago to become its own state. Unfortunately, they lump all of the areas around Chicago into the same category. Most don't know of the pro-gun burbs up there, myself included (a great benefit to this forum is meeting people from up there that I would never meet otherwise). Hey, what do you expect. We've been told that downstaters are slow hicks for so long.

Fortunately for us, Blojo has pissed off quite a few people. Downstate Democrats are tolerating the Chicago gang for a couple of reasons.

First, all of the key posistions are held by people from Chicago. But, they don't hold enough votes by themselves.

Second, it's the 1st time that the Dems have had a chance to do anything for quite awhile. So they're having a big back-scratch fest. Downstate Dems are quickly learning that their backside is getting some attention, but it's not backscratching, if you know what I mean.

In fact it's been some downstate Dems that have helped the gunowners of Il out during the last push.

I like the bumpersticker idea.

CK, sorry to hear about your cat, would've like to have met you at Blastfest.

So, has this thread officially been hi-jacked?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:24:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I believe this forum will be hopping after Nov. 4 that's when the general assembly reconvenes for the VETO session.....and SB1195.

There is no provision for registration so, if it passes possesion of even a 'tele-stock' will be a FELONY!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Not really a hijack. IMHO..... just a  suggestion  on how  to get more active and get more support.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Downstate, the people hate Chicago politics with a passion.  Now that Daley has Springfield swimming with his whores, it's even worse. They seem to run around with impunity.

Yep.

Most people would like Chicago to become its own state.

Actually, I'd like it to fall into the lake, but it's against pollution laws.

Unfortunately, they lump all of the areas around Chicago into the same category. Most don't know of the pro-gun burbs up there, myself included (a great benefit to this forum is meeting people from up there that I would never meet otherwise). Hey, what do you expect. We've been told that downstaters are slow hicks for so long.

Much truth in this. To downstate, Chicago is just the very large object of our affliction.

Fortunately for us, Blojo has pissed off quite a few people. Downstate Democrats are tolerating the Chicago gang for a couple of reasons.

First, all of the key posistions are held by people from Chicago. But, they don't hold enough votes by themselves.

Second, it's the 1st time that the Dems have had a chance to do anything for quite awhile. So they're having a big back-scratch fest. Downstate Dems are quickly learning that their backside is getting some attention, but it's not backscratching, if you know what I mean.

Story: a lot of out blue-blooded union people around here voted for Blago. When the I-74 project started, Chicago contractors got the work. What a surprise! Needless to say, there are a lot of disillusioned union people.

In fact it's been some downstate Dems that have helped the gunowners of Il out during the last push.

That is a fact. Some of our best friends are the downstate Dems.

So, has this thread officially been hi-jacked?

Oh, sorry. That's all for our rant thread. And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top