Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 9:42:01 AM EDT
Hey everyone, I was just posting as a heads up that I will be down at the pit for my last shoot of the season, with my new SAR2 and Savage 10FPLE2A (with weaver mounts and rings I know shut up).

Anyways, since I've been at college, its been so hard to be able to meet up with you guys at the pit, and I would really like to see some of you guys before 2004 rolls around.

Let me know if your schedule permits the shooting date.

If the 21st will work better, thats fine also.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Good god.  Nobody even considering coming this weekend?  Haha, oh well.  Would be a nice surprise though...
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I am planing a trip out to the Rock soon. I usually make it a weekday, I like to shoot with some breathing room. Any chance on a weekday?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
i can be there . went there on the 7th . my wife and i kept to our selves . her 1st time . i ordered her a rra m4 entry 2 more weeks 4 hers . i have a nm20 rra .
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool.  I'm pretty easy to spot at the pit.  I'm usually one of the only 18 year olds down there.  I will also be with my girlfriend, her dad, and probably my dad as well.  I'm bringing everything I have exept for my Savage and my Romak 3...

Anyways, my name is Scott, and I'll most likely be messing around with an SAR 2 that I just picked up, but check out the "archive" post of pictures, so if nothing else, you can recognize what I'll be shooting.  Can't really see my face in the pictures.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there.  I usually get there at 8:30 am to set up some targets before the "lock and load" call.  Look for an AR in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Marksman--since you're down in central Illinois, there's some ranges down this way that you could check out...I've been to LeRoy with sociopath, and I have one up toward Peoria, though it's a bit of a drive from Bloomington/Normal.

I've been thinking about getting together a central Illinois crew dinner, similar to Grock's get-togethers in the occupied territories, but in the Bloomington-Normal/Peoria area. Any interest?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:16:23 AM EDT
[#7]
ill be there but i have to milk the over time cow i get off work at 11. sucks working saturdays but ya gotta by stuff and eat. bringing my mas49-56 if i can get a hold of my buddy too. .45 sa someone bring .45ammo for it i dont want to run to townafter work lol should be there before noon . ilive about 20 minutes away.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#8]
ill be there but i have to milk the over time cow i get off work at 11. sucks working saturdays but ya gotta by stuff and eat. bringing my mas49-56 if i can get a hold of my buddy too. .45 sa someone bring .45ammo for it i dont want to run to townafter work lol should be there before noon . ilive about 20 minutes away.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey,

W-T-F was that camo truck doing with a mounted 50cal. ?  When that thing went off, I think I dropped a crab cake in my shorts.

Fun stuff man.  Lets do that again next Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah that guy was really nuts. I am jealous but I don't think a 50 cal would mount on the roof of my maxima!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, I'm all for a crew dinner.  Likebuddah, it was good to meet you down there.  Thanks for helping me out with my AR15...Thats the last time I am going to let my dad reassemble the bolt in my M4... (fwiw it was a loose gas key...short strokes galore).

Anyways, the only people I saw were woodbutcher and likebuddah.  Conlima, I did not see you, who were ya?

I posted a few pictures of the shoot in the archive post.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I was wearing the black SIG SAUER t-shirt.  I was setting up orange clay pigeons during the first "cease fire".  I shoot a 7.62x39 AR and it is easy to spot because of the AK-47 mag sticking out of the mag well.  I hope to see you guys around next time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I know who you are...what time were you there?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I get there around 8:50 am and leave about 12:00pm.  If you are at the pit on Saturdays, just look for the guy with the Cheetah ammo.  

Hey I was out there 2 Saturdays ago when it was raining.  My Red dot scope got ALL fogged up.  Now that its dried out, I really can see through it clearly.  Has this happened to anyone?   Can I fix this or am I SOL?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top