Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2003 6:46:04 PM EDT
I PLAN ON BUYING A BUSHMASTER IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. I DONT KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT THEM. WHO ARE SOME OF THE LARGER DEALERS IN NORTHERN IL THAT WOULD HAVE A GOOD INVENTORY TO LOOK AT. NOT SURE WHAT STYLE I WANT YET. HAVE SOME IDEAS BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE A FEW DIFFERENT SET UPS. THANKS. MARTY IN ROCKFORD IL [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
 These are just some shops I've been to in Northern IL that I have seen Bushmaster rifles at. I'm not saying they have great prices and they may be a bit more east of Rockford than you may want to travel to.
1. Gun World, Besenville
2. GAT Guns, Dundee
3. Pelcher's Shooters Supply, Lansing
4. Village Sports, Arlington Heights

You may want to first compare the prices of guns sold in northern IL against the same gun sold in another state and if the price of the gun is lower enough, it may be cheaper just to have the gun transferred to a FFL dealer near your home and shipping cost. I've seen transfer costs ranging from $25-$75 depending on FFL.

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#2]
McHenry Shooting Center on Rt. 120 on the east side of McHenry was hawking Bushmasters a couple years ago, but didn't usually have stock as they were generally gone as fast as they got them.  Prices were the standard IL dealer prices, and you know what that means.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
MegaSports in Plainfield is a great place to go ogle and fondle firearms.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried Bullet Stop Gun Shop in Loves Park?  I know the ysell Bushmaster there.  They are just east of Alpine on Harlem.

Rebel 13

PS.  There is also a dealer in Beloit Wisconsin that has it worked out with Bullet Stop for FFL transfers across state line, however, you can purchase a long gun in another connecting state legally without an FFL.  That is only needed if you buy a handgun.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget Rink's over in Lockport... They had a dozen or so last time I was in there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for all of the help. i will give them a call. marty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top