Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2003 1:56:58 PM EDT
What do you think of the future of SB1195?

You can pick multiple answers.
My view of this is that SB1195 will go through entire process of becoming a law, but will get killed at the last moment so I doubt it will become law, but if it did, I can see it going to the Supreme Court as long as we gun owners rallied against it in numbers as we have been doing.

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry i was born and rasied in chicago and i have seen the daley machine at work. look at meigs field.
i think the dems will get it thru,  and  we will have to take it to the highest court.

but damn it i went boating yesterday and all the damn luck..... everyone of my guns fell overboard. damn damn damn
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it's going to fly. Daley thought he could shove his ideas down our throat beacuse his lackey is in the governor's mansion. I think he grossly underestimated downstate's opposition to gun laws. Somebody told me he called downstate a bunch of hillbillies. That's OK; we have names for him too .

That said, I suspect he won't play fair ever again. He kind of dumped this out there and figured it'd go through. I suspect a quiet, secretive approach will be what we see from now on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
With Chicago on track to be a contender for "Murder Capital of the Nation" again, Mayor Daley and his crew will try their best to arm twist.

I guess I'm somewhat optimistic that this won't fly when or if it comes to a vote.  Crossing my fingers, because I wouldn't bet on it not becoming law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top