Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/3/2003 1:56:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2003 2:14:05 PM EDT by ArmaLiter]
What do you think of the future of SB1195?

You can pick multiple answers.
My view of this is that SB1195 will go through entire process of becoming a law, but will get killed at the last moment so I doubt it will become law, but if it did, I can see it going to the Supreme Court as long as we gun owners rallied against it in numbers as we have been doing.

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:22:56 PM EDT
sorry i was born and rasied in chicago and i have seen the daley machine at work. look at meigs field.
i think the dems will get it thru, and we will have to take it to the highest court.

but damn it i went boating yesterday and all the damn luck..... everyone of my guns fell overboard. damn damn damn
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:22:24 AM EDT
I don't think it's going to fly. Daley thought he could shove his ideas down our throat beacuse his lackey is in the governor's mansion. I think he grossly underestimated downstate's opposition to gun laws. Somebody told me he called downstate a bunch of hillbillies. That's OK; we have names for him too .

That said, I suspect he won't play fair ever again. He kind of dumped this out there and figured it'd go through. I suspect a quiet, secretive approach will be what we see from now on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:58:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2003 11:58:57 AM EDT by Lazyshooter]
With Chicago on track to be a contender for "Murder Capital of the Nation" again, Mayor Daley and his crew will try their best to arm twist.

I guess I'm somewhat optimistic that this won't fly when or if it comes to a vote. Crossing my fingers, because I wouldn't bet on it not becoming law.
Top Top