Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2003 5:44:42 PM EDT
OK, the vote was overwhelming! 57% of poll respondents voted for May 18th 2003 for Buffalo Blastfest II. So be it!

BUFFALO BLASTFEST II   MAY 18th 03!!

So what ya bringing?
WE NEED A DECENT GRILL!!!! (PETE!)
if you bring it, the food will come!

Post your contributions here!
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 2:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
YES.  I will get the grill this time.  We'll need someone's truck to put it in, it won't fit in the silver bullet.

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Get this.

I am bringing someone.  A woman.  That's right.  And she's never shot a gun before.

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get this.

I am bringing someone.  A woman.  That's right.  And she's never shot a gun before.

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
i've got pictures of her.

really.

you'll see.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
well this buff blast sounds pretty good,
somebody let me know what kind of shooting
y"all do there, or is it a kind of run what ya brung affair, either way sounds kind of fun
thanks
Poncho
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there and will bring some burgers and dogs.

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there......with new toys ! ! !   And I'll bring some more venison and maybe some elk too ! !    ( And some racoon for tequila bob )
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't care about burgers and dogs,... Who's bringing FISHFOOD???  
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#9]

sno thanks for the coon burgers,  damn the bad luck, I have to work with a lesbian rock star that sunday.any of you guys from Illinois want to come downtown, doing sound for Joan Jett at dicks last resort, just ask for tequilabob the sound guy and I will get you in.

question: do you know why lesbians keep open cans of tuna around the house???
answer: potpourri
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't care about burgers and dogs,... Who's bringing FISHFOOD???  

thata  cuz you get stuck cooking, and a mighty fine job you do too
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have to work with a lesbian rock star that sunday.any of you guys from Illinois want to come downtown, doing sound for Joan Jett at dicks last resort

Now THAT is poetic justice- a lesbian- playing at "Dicks last resort" Bwahahahhahaha!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Hell, I think I'M a lesbian ! ! !
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey everyone!!

Need directions to Buffalo Blastfest
from the norther suburbs.  
Planning on go up on Saturday the 10th,
and again on the 18th.  Anyone else going on
the 10th also?

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I should be there, bullet proof vest and all. I might even wear my MARPATs!

Also. If you're one of those "cop hating" posters feel free to approach me personally and discuss your viewpoint. I'm truly getting tired of the crap on this board and would like a face to face convo about it.

Ohhh, come talk to me if you're also an "Army is better than Marine Corps" knuckleheads too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll wear my marpats if you wear yours! And in honor of the triumphant American Soldiers I'll even wear my INTERCEPTOR!! (I may leave the plates home though...) Since about 1/2 of us at the last Buffalo Blast were LE, or related, I doubt you'll find much of that CRAP!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Good Buffalo Info Here: Buffalo Info

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I should be there, bullet proof vest and all. I might even wear my MARPATs!

Also. If you're one of those "cop hating" posters feel free to approach me personally and discuss your viewpoint. I'm truly getting tired of the crap on this board and would like a face to face convo about it.

Ohhh, come talk to me if you're also an "Army is better than Marine Corps" knuckleheads too.

boy scouts are better than the girl scouts
 actually i was kicked out of the boy scouts, i got caught eating a brownie
'
cop bashing? shit i brought the donuts last time.
you better bring the armor, i saw  how you shoot
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd offer to bring cappuccino again but it was such a hit last time I'll let someone else bear the burdon .  I can bring food, but what is the estimated turnout?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#19]
unfortunately I won't be able to attend, I will be there the 17th though.  Hopefully I can make another shoot soon. I have a meeting to go to on the 18th.  hope you all have fun, and that the weather is wonderful. happy shooting.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Coming...

Bringing:

AK
AR
M9
K98
Ammo & some soda

Is anyone else coming from southeast WI??? If so, I'd like to arrange to hitch a ride (If I ride my bike, I have to leave some guns home that won't fit. If I take the Trans Am again, it costs me $40 just to get there and back)...

E-mail me: dackl(a)udcnet.dhs.org if you wouldn't mind someone hitching along for the ride...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Who's bringing FISHFOOD???  

Batch114 isn't coming this time (I talked to him about a ride, he said he had to work), so if you want her to show up, someone will have to tell her what's going on...

IIRC she has an account here now, so an IM could be tried, but I don't know if she's on the board regularly...

P.S.

Looks like I'll be motorcycling down... This will prove 'interesting', and I'll probably be dis-assembling my AK and K98 (taking off the stocks) to fit them in the bag...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll be there.  Will there be a Pre-Ban.com staff meeting as well?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey Dave.....Whose gonna pay your tolls THIS time ??
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Will there be a Pre-Ban.com staff meeting as well?

Hell YES!  And My Pre-Ban will be there to officiate!!  Looks like the Weather will be with us too... I am READY for this Shoot!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Hey Dave.....Whose gonna pay your tolls THIS time ??

I'm not coming down via the Gurnee route this time, and I'll be checking the 'Avoid Toll' box when I print my directions...

It works, and I avoid feeding the IL DOT... Toll roads are a voluntary tax, and if I had known that (a) I'd be driving (I was originally planning on leaving my car at Gurnee), and (b) you guys would be taking a toll route, I would have printed a toll-avoiding map...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#26]
pssst...Looks like I'll be bringing a newbie hottie...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmmm.... Both eswanson and Ire say they're bringing ladies... what- are you sharing one?

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Chaulk me up for one lady, also.

Are we cooking again?  Has anyone vouched for food?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:48:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep- cookout as usual. I'll be bringing Ketchup, Mustard, My trusty little grill, a table, and a cooler full of mixed soft drinks.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
It's a no-go for me guys.  

The problem with building a cabin is--you have to BUILD the damned thing.  I am in the middle of something that I cannot take time off from.  Oh, well--you don't need me to have fun.  I'd probably just get you all in trouble anyway.  

Enjoy--and be safe!  

does that mean linda can't come out and play??
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#32]
snojet, please remember the .22 for my friend, it'll be much appreciated.

I hope to wean him off it and on to bigger and better things
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Tecnical:

Just yesterday, I finally got my AK-22 conversion kit...
If your friend wants to try an 'unusual' .22 rifle, I'll have one (AK47 firing .22LR)...

As for the rest, I've managed to get my entire collection strapped to the back of my bike... It took 3 bags, plus a backpack for the Beretta 92 and other odds & ends, but I've done it...

Now, the question is, how much will I save in gas money (given the effects of a few thousand rounds of mixed ammo, some tools, and 4 guns on my little 450cc bike) over taking the Trans Am (one thing's for sure, when I get there, I'm gonna need to sit down)...
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Great, thanks Dave_A!  I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it

Hopefully w/ the help of these loaned guns, we'll have another pro-gun individual on our side...

I'm going to stop at Jewel tomorrow morning and pick up a couple packs of hot dogs / buns and possibly brats.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Just my luck. We have a shoot and my a$$ is stuck less than 15 minutes away working!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Shoot was fun! Here is a pic of Grock with his finger on the trigger!!!

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Lots of fun yesterday ! !    Thanks to all who organized and to Grock for cooking again.  I wonder if we can get him a Marpats apron ???

And Swanson, she certainly WAS a hottie ! ! !
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Yep, and she had a great time.  On the ride back she was asking me how she could go about buying her own guns.  

Snojet, thanks for bringing that toolbox (I think it was yours).  Without that and Grock's help, my shooting day would have been cut real short.  Nasty jam, little piece of metal from either a torn case rim or maybe a primer was jammed in there real good.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#39]
No worries......I don't go ANYWHERE without tools.  In case you guys haven't noticed, I'm a bit of a gadget freak......hehe.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Buffalo Blast Fest II was GREAT@!@
Seemed like everyone had a great time..

So anyone have any suggestions on when
we go again?  Buffalo Blast Fest III?????
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Let me know well in advance of Buffalo III so I can take off from work and come shoot.Exactly where is this held at.Im In Central IL over by Spfld.Cant wait.Jm03
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top