Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2017 8:43:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Went there once with the soon to be wife. At the time, I was teaching her to shoot and she was very muzzle blast sensative. We showed up with my suppressed glock 19, and I asked the young lady at the counter to keep us at the end of the range if possible. We get in the range and I ask the rangemaster if we can move to the end (only one other shooter in there, and he was to our right) because she is a new shooter and I'm trying to keep her away from other muzzle blasts. He tells me "nope, you're staying right there". I figure the guy for a limp dick and move on with life. She got one magazine in before limp dick shows up with some tourists and a belt fed (think it was a saw) and puts them in the stall to our left, they start dumping a belt as I'm packing up, so as I leave I make a comment to old limp dick about his lineage, he tried to reply but I already had the door open. Good riddance.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind when bidding , that there is a 15% Buyer's Premium on top of your bid price
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck an auction for a local failed shop.

NFA is the place to choose first if you want gun deals.

JMO.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#4]
aaaand it looks like there is no good deals there... they should of just advertised a fire sale and left the auction people out of it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
aaaand it looks like there is no good deals there... they should of just advertised a fire sale and left the auction people out of it.
View Quote
Depending on the terms of their bankruptcy, they may not have had a choice but to go the auction route.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I looked through 15 pages of crap. Zero deals. You're better off checking out GunBroker.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I looked through 15 pages of crap. Zero deals. You're better off checking out GunBroker.
View Quote
Not to mention that some of the items that were there yesterday, are gone today.  Even stuff I "favorited."  What's the point of having an auction when the items disappear from the list?  Waste of my time going through it all, only to find items missing the next day...well before the auction end.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:39:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

JMO.
View Quote
NFA is much better.  I have two family members with bad experiences at Guns ‘n Scammo

My wife had a terrible experience at this crappy shop. She asked me what I wanted for our 10th anniversary and I told her a 1911. So she goes online and found that Bums and Ammo Garage is a dealer for what she thought I would like.  She goes in there, they go all “girls don’t shoot 45” on her and she mentioned that she’s buying it as a gift for her husband.  The dickhead behind the counter said she’s making a “straw purchase” and they would have to call the ATF on her if she didn’t leave. She panicked and called our company attorney who is also a family friend, and asked if she is in any kind of trouble and if what they were saying is right. Obviously, you know the answer to that and he said I was drooling over a Wilson Combat at Lock ‘n Load when he and I stopped in after eating at Grimaldi’s earlier in the week.  She mentioned to Lock ‘n Load what she was doing  when she bought it and they told her she’s an awesome wife for being so thoughtful.  (She is awesome and smokin’ hot)

My dad also had a bad experience.  He went in because the gun shop at Nellis told him that these idiots had FN bolt guns in stock and do offer FN’s military pricing. He went in, saw what he wanted, and offered up his CCW and Retired Navy ID.  FN’s program says “retired” military qualifies. The jackass behind the counter told him that they would need his DD214 to “prove” he’s retired. His ID wasn’t “enough “, even though FN says so. His reply was two words, the second being “off” and went back to the PX to order what he wanted.

Good riddance to those idiots
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NFA is much better.  I have two family members with bad experiences at Guns ‘n Scammo

My wife had a terrible experience at this crappy shop. She asked me what I wanted for our 10th anniversary and I told her a 1911. So she goes online and found that Bums and Ammo Garage is a dealer for what she thought I would like.  She goes in there, they go all “girls don’t shoot 45” on her and she mentioned that she’s buying it as a gift for her husband.  The dickhead behind the counter said she’s making a “straw purchase” and they would have to call the ATF on her if she didn’t leave. She panicked and called our company attorney who is also a family friend, and asked if she is in any kind of trouble and if what they were saying is right. Obviously, you know the answer to that and he said I was drooling over a Wilson Combat at Lock ‘n Load when he and I stopped in after eating at Grimaldi’s earlier in the week.  She mentioned to Lock ‘n Load what she was doing  when she bought it and they told her she’s an awesome wife for being so thoughtful.  (She is awesome and smokin’ hot)

My dad also had a bad experience.  He went in because the gun shop at Nellis told him that these idiots had FN bolt guns in stock and do offer FN’s military pricing. He went in, saw what he wanted, and offered up his CCW and Retired Navy ID.  FN’s program says “retired” military qualifies. The jackass behind the counter told him that they would need his DD214 to “prove” he’s retired. His ID wasn’t “enough “, even though FN says so. His reply was two words, the second being “off” and went back to the PX to order what he wanted.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JMO.

A close female friend of mine wanted a G43 (she's in real estate) and she wanted the "bling" Tiffany model. Well, I talked her out of that for a few reasons and convinced her to go with a factory model.

I suggested that she look in a few stores in town and then check out NFA for price and availability.

Anyhoo, not only did she follow my recommendation on a factory gun but she ended up at NFA and got the gun cheaper than anywhere else. She also said that the staff was courteous, respectful and accommodating (I expected nothing less from NFA).

Her and her husband are really into guns and NFA has gained two more loyal customers.

Are you listening, Guido?

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:17:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I used to work there, and it was the worst experience of my life. I won't go into too many details but I will say the owner and general manager are shady pieces of shit. Employees have zero amenities there, not even filtered water, parking or a break room. Just about anything can get you in trouble, even having fun, and snitching was highly encouraged by the cucked piece of crap of a manager. For a business that claims to be pro-2A, employees weren't allowed to carry on the property at all, only management, despite being located at a not so nice part of town. The selection of weapons was small, and not well maintained. I remember having to hold on to the buttstock of the RPD for a customer because the buttstock retaining pin broke off! I definitely felt customers were getting ripped off by these clowns.

I've met multiple former employees that told me very similar horror stories of their time at Gay Garage.

Fuck them, Im really happy they're out of business.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I just recently picked up my M4-2000 from there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top