Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 5:58:39 PM EDT
Helo just left, fire on seen.  Might want to go through Moapa if anyone is heading North this weekend.

ETA:
That was nasty. 2 helos, 3 ambulance and one of the cars was upside down roof totally crush and burnt up.  
Prayers for those involved.

Stay safe out there folks and drive carefully.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Open
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks!
View Quote
Wonder if it was the guy asking where to shoot on here a little bit ago wanting to blow up some tannerite.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/Out-of-towner-in-need-of-a-location-to-shoot-around-Las-Vegas/22-616896/
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Came up on it just before 3pm.  

Looked like 20 vehicles ahead of me in the southbound lane with all sorts of emergency vehicles and a helo on the road.

I turned around and took 168 to the 15.

Any ideas on what happened?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Got a lot of family in Alamo that travel back and forth to Vegas. Hopefully not someone I know.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Checked the web this morning and couldn't find any reference to the crash.  One car had Texas plates, the other was chard.

Surprised there aren't many more on that stretch, between the semis passing going up hill into on coming traffic and the trash hallers.  Let's not forget the idiots pulling out into 70+ mph traffic like they're merging in a school zone with blatant disregard for others.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been driving that stretch for 20 years. I don't see why they can't pave passing lanes every 15 miles or so.....
View Quote
I've heard they are redoing the interchange at 15 and then some widening up to where they hyperloop is.   I've also heard part of the Coyote Springs and dump LC dump expansion deal is to add more passing lanes up to that area.  Should only take another 20 years.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top