Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2013 9:33:38 PM EDT
Good news, Willy Horne is no longer chairman of the judiciary committee.

BAD news, he is now majority leader and will control committee assignments.

Overall this is actually seen as a net gain since he will not be in direct control of judiciary.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
That does seem like a net gain.  He will be in a different undesirable position of power, but at least now Campus Carry has a shot at getting through judiciary cmte.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the heads up. I hate that dirtbag.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
A little bird says a Nevada ban bill IS coming, but they will wait until the last minute to submit it.
The seditionist hope is that this way we will be less ready to respond in force as we did to Horn's committee ban attempt.

So DO be prepared, and expect to need to arrive early as the anti's can be expected to try to fill the room with people bussed in from Kali., Oregon, etc.
This will be the real deal, for all the marbles.
----------
Just occurred to me, we need to make a list of all legiscritters who are termed out after this session.
With no more races to run they have nothing to lose in betraying us, so are even less trustworthy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
What are the dates of the legislative session?  I'm about to go on terminal leave, so I won't have anything keeping me from being a persistant voice to the legislature.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Barring emergency response projects, I should be available on a one hour dispatch to arrival basis. Do I need to do anything in advance, or can I just show up?
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/

From that starting point you can look up all sorts of things.
Nothing special to do unless you intend to become a lobbyist.

I expect most here have a good grasp of the subject and ready arguments.

I suggest searching the site to familiarize ourselves with the various information functions.
Bill drafts and hearing schedules to begin with.

The earliest hearings are where we can have the most impact!
The earlier a bad bill is killed the better, but no bill is TRULY dead until the session ends, "Zombie" bills are too common.

77th (2013) Session

The 77th Session of the Nevada Legislature will begin on February 4, 2013.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Those interested in being at the ready to respond should be sure to pay close attention to the NVFAC Facebook page.  In fact, in two weeks they are doing a workshop for "how to be a citizen lobbyist", which all interested parties should try to be involved in.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:17:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, I did not know the Nevada Firearms Coalition had a Facebook page.  I have added that page to my Likes.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top