Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 1:41:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 4:37:04 PM EDT by OldTroop]
Well I was let down...some parts I was looking for werent there. Lots of way overpriced guns. Sold an AK and started looking at milled Norincos MAKS and SKS-Ds. Finally found a new unfired SKS-D that takes the AK mags $300 out the door in a private sale. Guy wanted $375 and I got him down to $300. The only other unfired SKS-D was $400 out the door so I got a good deal for an unfired one. I have the regular SKS paratrooper thats still unfired I have had for years. I might go back tomorrow...not sure yet.

OK, just added the Model "M" to the collection. Both guns are unfired. Picked up the Norinco Model "M" friday at a local gun show....$300 out the door private sale. I need the regular stock for the "M" like the regular paratrooper, they did make them for the "M" model. Well I think its time to shoot these babies. Snowing here now so maybe next weekend I'll heat em up.

<br>
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:39:30 AM EDT
Sweet deal. Let us know how well it functions. I have been thinking of snagging one off gunbroker. Theres a Vegas show next weekend so maybe I will run across one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:50:49 AM EDT
Cool, did ya' hook up with any AR15.com crew? I stayed away from that place my wallet is still intact
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:10:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:36:17 PM EDT
Hey dogg, cool those guns out! I think the whole crew decided to just sit this one out.

Also LT, righteous find on those SKS-Ds! I've always wanted one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:47:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wolfpack:

Originally Posted By Hiwathl:
Cool, did ya' hook up with any AR15.com crew? I stayed away from that place my wallet is still intact

They couldn't find the snackbar again.

LMAO
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:06:37 PM EDT
Thanks Steve, yeah I never made it to the snack bar...in and out yesterday and I didnt see anyone with a box of ding dongs . I didnt go today, not feeling to good. i might try tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:26:05 AM EDT
Did the paras come from the factory with the slant brake?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:21:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Barrelburner:
Did the paras come from the factory with the slant brake?

No they didnt. I put a slant brake on the regular trooper, I'll probably put one on the new one also. On the regular trooper I put the slant brake and perforated top handguard. Still unfired tho. Damn its snowing right now so that kills going shooting for me LOL.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:19:27 AM EDT
I promised myself I will never go to one of these shows again. Each time they become a bigger and bigger let down.

I went on Saturday morning (worst time to go of course), spent about 2-3 hours searching every inch of every table. Found about 10 Romi wasr10's (zzzZZzz), a few Norincos (Mak90, AK hunter, Milled rec'r national match, etc.), & 1 nice Polytech. Overall everything is insanely overpriced.

Friday, my 2000 rounds of 7.62 shipped from cabelas priced at $107 w/ shipping each. When the guy at the Ammo booth told me they had them for $190 a 1000 I just laughed at him and walked away.

In the end I realized that everything I saw that I was interested in I have seen it on the net for allot less. AK-74 mags...cheapest I saw them at the show was $14, I quickly came home and ordered them from Copes for $5.99 each. I only found one booth with AK kits, the guy had 2 yugo kits sitting under his table. $180 and they looked to be in pretty sad condition.

Ive never heard so many people handing out extremely incorrect and BAD info it’s just unreal.

When some Joe-Blow walks up to you and opens a gym back w/ a Thompson in pieces and says "Do you know how to make this fully auto? You want to buy it??!?!" you know its time to leave.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:04:24 AM EDT
Ive been going to that show for about 15 years when it was The Shotgun News Show. I was a dealer and set up there for about 10 years. I know most those people and I know who to stay away from and who to buy from. Never buy a gun from a dealer...to many walk ins and private sales.
Top Top