Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 4:33:21 PM EDT
Anyone see this in / around Las Vegas Walmarts?

closing out Remington 700 ADLs for $299

Remington 700 closeout at Walmart
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I talked to the sporting goods manager the other day at a Wal Mart and he said that there were 3 or 4 Wal Marts in Vegas that would no longer carry guns. They would fill the guns cases with bows in the near future. He said the FFL stuff in getting to be more hassle than it is worth. This is not a good thing IMO.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Read about that in other states.  I hope they at least carry ammo.  

Quoted:
I talked to the sporting goods manager the other day at a Wal Mart and he said that there were 3 or 4 Wal Marts in Vegas that would no longer carry guns. They would fill the guns cases with bows in the near future. He said the FFL stuff in getting to be more hassle than it is worth. This is not a good thing IMO.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#3]
They will have ammo, just like the Wal Marts I've seen in California, no guns
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
You should be keeping an eye on Sports Authority also. They are in the process of getting rid of the guns for the same reason as Wal Mart. The one in Henderson seems to be the farthest ahead in the markdown process.

I picked up 2 Synthetic Browning A-bolts, one in 270 and one in 30-06. They were marked at $309 which is a great price, they were the display models so they had been finger fucked quite a bit. So I got the manager to knock off another 10%. $280 each + tax. I was very happy that day.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I got a great deal at the local Big 5 on a Marlin 336A in .30-30 the other day ($287.99).  It was also ff'd and in addition to the sale price that ends today, he took 10 percent off too.

Quoted:
... they were the display models so they had been finger fucked quite a bit. So I got the manager to knock off another 10%. $280 each + tax. I was very happy that day.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great.

I did notice the one in the NW had gotten rid of the guns rack but thought they were just reorganizing.

Wolfpack, is that the one on Cheyenne/Rainbow? Damn...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I stopped by the one in Henderson this morning (Marks St.).  No sale prices listed.  Remington 700s were at their normal price.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great.

I did notice the one in the NW had gotten rid of the guns rack but thought they were just reorganizing.

Wolfpack, is that the one on Cheyenne/Rainbow? Damn...

No, the one I'm talking about is at 215 and 95 area of Centennial Hills.

DOH! Thanks...need to recon the one by our house and see if they're doing the same.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I spoke to a very good friend of mine that is in management at walmart and he said he knows of no Las Vegas Walmarts that are discontinuing firearm sales permanently.  The reason you see several at the moment with no gun sales is because the store(s) had their FFL suspended for not running proper background checks and selling to  undesirables(Felons).. Centennial parkway is one of them but they will be selling firearms again relatively soon..  As for the Remington ADLs he hasn't heard anything about that.  However he did say if he heard anything he would let me know and I'll pass it on here.  He did say that some  things get by him but he usually knows ahead of time before anything goes on sale and he always gives me a call if he thinks there's something I'd be interested in....

John P..
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:16:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, keep us posted.

Quoted:
I spoke to a very good friend of mine that is in management at walmart and he said he knows of no Las Vegas Walmarts that are discontinuing firearm sales permanently.  The reason you see several at the moment with no gun sales is because the store(s) had their FFL suspended for not running proper background checks and selling to  undesirables(Felons).. Centennial parkway is one of them but they will be selling firearms again relatively soon..  As for the Remington ADLs he hasn't heard anything about that.  However he did say if he heard anything he would let me know and I'll pass it on here.  He did say that some  things get by him but he usually knows ahead of time before anything goes on sale and he always gives me a call if he thinks there's something I'd be interested in....

John P..

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#13]
The manager I talked to was at Trop and 215, he said that it was one of the stores that would no longer have guns. I hope your guy is right and the guy I talked to was wrong.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great.

No, they haven't sold guns there for a couple years now. I guess the workers were not doing the paperwork correctly and selling guns to some people they weren't allowed to... So they had their license taken away...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I was buying some WWB at the Spring Mtn. and Rainbow store today. There was a big yellow sign on the empty gun cases ( they were full 2 weeks ago )that read This Store will no longer carry firearms due to a company directive. I asked the guy at the counter about it and he said that there were approx 1000 stores company wide that would no longer carry firearms. They would still have ammo.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well, I was buying some WWB at the Spring Mtn. and Rainbow store today. There was a big yellow sign on the empty gun cases ( they were full 2 weeks ago )that read This Store will no longer carry firearms due to a company directive. I asked the guy at the counter about it and he said that there were approx 1000 stores company wide that would no longer carry firearms. They would still have ammo.

So I was told by the guy at the trop/mojave store. December will be the last month for them to carry guns.
BTW, they have two Remington 7400's marked down to $299. One 30.06, one .270 I think.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

So I was told by the guy at the trop/mojave store. December will be the last month for them to carry guns.
BTW, they have two Remington 7400's marked down to $299. One 30.06, one .270 I think.

IIRC, end of this year is when they take occupancy of new "super"store on Eastern in new mall from Russell to Patrick, and abandon this location.  That's right, they will close Trop location when new store opens.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I never bought guns at Wal-Mart anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top