Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 11:30:05 AM EDT
I would like to find a project gun - something I could hopefully refinish (maybe both the stock and the metal). I was thinking a pawnshop might be the best bet to find something. Can anyone recommend a pawn shop that has a decent selection of guns? In looking through the phone book I noticed not all pawn shops sell guns so any advise will be appreciated.

Also, it doesn't really matter if it's a rifle or shotgun, I wouldn't mind doing a pistol either if something catches my eye.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:40:29 AM EDT
There are very few pawn shops that actually sell their firearms at a fair price.

They like to give 10 cents on the dollar, but then jack the price up so buying a new one is cheaper.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:47:15 AM EDT
I figured as much....I have zero experience with pawn shops. Then again it seems like the private party guns I see in the news paper are really high as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:50:54 AM EDT
You could look at Bargain Pawn on LV BLVD and Lake Mead see Glen he is normally reasonable
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:55:27 AM EDT
Right. Is Glen the guy who also does the reasonable FFL transfers, great guy, etc.? I remember seeing a thread about something to that effect...didn't have a chance to look for that thread though. If it is indeed the same guy it would give me a good reason to go out there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:57:20 AM EDT
Yes thats Glen
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:59:43 AM EDT
You won't find a better guy or dealer than Glen at bargain pawn. His transfers are decent, and he is starting to get a really good selection of guns down there. Plus he is always open to trades. I may be trading a gun right now for a p220 he has in. I was just down there today picking up my Yost 1* and he has a ton of pistols, more than I have seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:06:21 PM EDT
Thanks. It sound like I'm on the right track. If he's as great as you guys say then he will find a loyal customer in me (especially after "The worst vegas gunshops thread")
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:03:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 1:07:33 PM EDT by ishoot2live]
I've known Glen for 15 years. They don't get much more American and honest than him.

Great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:39:58 PM EDT
Might also try Accuracy gunshop on Boulder Hwy. They usually have some relatively poor conditioned used rifles/shotguns that look mechanically sound.. For that matter if you want to give it a shot on a older military weapon, might just try Big 5. They've had lots of k98s, mosin Nagants, and enfields go through, mechanically sound but in need of restoration..

John P..
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:58:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:10:56 PM EDT
I have a really old H&R revolver sittin in the safe but it's just such a POS even it was perfectly refinished it would still be a really old H&R revolver.

Also,
+1 on old military weapons....great idea.
+1 on a get together to trade amongst ourselves.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:09:11 PM EDT
Bargain Pawn has good prices on rifles? I went there one day because of what I have heard on this board and was BLOWN AWAY.... They had a Century Arms AR15 with a 37mm flare launcher and they wanted $1,900!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost laughed at the guy. He told me they could probably work on the price a little I have never been back since.

thanks,
Ron
Top Top