Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:01:55 AM EDT
Saw it at Bill's.

It is an AR that accepts Glock 9mm magazines.

Anyone have any trigger time on it/info?

I was almost tempted to buy it and T&E it (only reason I didn't, is because it's an Oly - and I think they suck).

Thanks
V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:30:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I almost purchased one from a member here on the board a couple months back until I was able to insert a magazine into it. The magazine goes in at an angle and didn't look to good. I decided to pick up a Bushmaster 9mm instead that uses Colt or Promag magazines. The new Promags work like a charm and even hold the bolt open a 100% of the time. The Bushmaster 9mm carbines should only be about $800 over at Black Rifle Armory.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've got 4 niw 33 round Glock mags I'll trade you .50 ammo for if you get it.

Sure why not...........

What do you need out of the mags?

I also have some NIW Eagle Industries FAP- 50 pouches. These are the ones on 6 months back order.  OD green, 3 for $100.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I talked to the guys at Olympic some time ago, and asked why seeing as how they have the 9mm lowers, 9mm pistol barrels, and bufferless uppers, why they don't just combine the three and make a badass MP5 replacement?

After all, effectively all servicemen and police officers are trained on the AR15 system, wouldn't having a submachine gun that runs on the exact same platform be a no-brainer?

The sales rep just gave me silence through the phone that could only be interpreted as an aghast blank stare. Come on, Olympic, don't be idiots, you have a vast, untapped market ripe for the exploitation, but you just sit there and do nothing about it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I wanted one too when they first came out, even went to Bill's looking for one but he didn't have any yet. As Ron said, when I saw a pic with the mag in I changed my mind. Ugly as shit IMO. Even on the olyarms website they dont have a pic with the mag in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top