Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:28:11 PM EDT
I was watching Ch.3 during the 6:00pm news and they were talking about the recent shootings with “assault weapons” and how easily “assault weapons” were to obtain. The news anchor started talking about you could just jump on eBay and have an “assault weapon” with ease…seeing as how you can’t buy or sell firearms on eBay I wondered what they were referring to…the next screen pops up showing a screen shot of an eBay add showing a TIPPMAN paint ball gun and refer to it as an “assault weapon”!!!

Unbelievable!!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:37:44 PM EDT
That's *&^%$*$# infuriating! Just when you think you've heard it all...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:53:02 PM EDT
Which news anchor was it? I want to email them and let them know how their research department makes THEM look like fools.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:44:38 PM EDT
HEY, I got shot by one of them Tippman assault weapons in 1987 and let me tell you, they hurt!! I took a 6 round burst across the back at 15 feet, it'll get your attention, don't discount them things...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:02:54 PM EDT
Grumpy:

I saw that crap too. The whole segment was a collection of lies & half-truths. Nice touch adding that clip of satchelmouth Montoya in there too. Typical media anti-gun hack job. The funny thing is they screwed their liberal commiefornia buddies at e-bay. Made it look like e-bay is allowing this to go on... LMAO

Doc:

I can't remember which anchor it was, but the "field" person was anjulie porter.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:21:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 10:36:44 AM EDT by DoctorCheney223]

Nice touch adding that clip of satchelmouth Montoya in there too.

That's the cop that caught doing a "drive by" and NO charges were filed by Metro or suspension given.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:39:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DoctorCheney223:
Which news anchor was it? I want to email them and let them know how their research department makes THEM look like fools.

thanks,
Ron

I was so blown away at its content that I didn't catch the anchors name, I really wish I had.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:05:42 PM EDT
After seeing what passes for news on news 3 @5. I am not surprised that these people are totally ignorant. Shlock science, schlock reporting, making things up, and smears. Accuracy and fact checking are not in their job description.

Dumber than a box of rocks, and they will likely stay that way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:58:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DoctorCheney223:

Nice touch adding that clip of satchelmouth Montoya in there too.

That's the cop that caught doing a "drive by" and NO charges were filed by Metro or suspension given.

thanks,
Ron

When did this occur??
Top Top