Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 4:42:08 PM EDT
I have follow-on orders to Nellis AFB (after Korea dammit!), and was wondering about the firearms laws in Nevada. I have heard something about regestering them? Could anyone tell me something about them?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]

In Clark County (which includes NAFB and LV) all handguns must be registered with LVMPD (or other LEA) within 24 hrs of arrival.....no such for long guns. Other locals will inform you re: procedures for NAFB.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to Vegas darkstar!

Now go register those damn handguns!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn Korea then Nellis. What's your AFSC. Hope you don't get stuck at Creech.
Buddy of mine got Korea then Hickam. Lucky bastard.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

2W171 Aircraft Armament Systems ( Weapons!!!)

Actually, most people I have talked to tat have been to Hickam said it sucked. Something about being on an island with only so much to do...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2W171 Aircraft Armament Systems ( Weapons!!!)

Actually, most people I have talked to tat have been to Hickam said it sucked. Something about being on an island with only so much to do...

And PACAF HQ means even more suck.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Nellis isn't that bad. I know I've been trapped there since '00. There are plenty of places to shoot, camp, hike, 4 wheel, and whatever other stupidity you want to engage in. Just register your smoke wagons and then if you want to move on base you have to register them all with the SF Armory.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Not to rain on your parade;  I would not count on your follow on until you are inprocessing here.  I am sure DSkin and ANIMUS can account for a dozen troops who were supposed to have this place as a follow on who are now in ND, WY, etc.

My CATM subordinate was our last return from Korea with a follow on back here.

He is doing well in Hawaii (where they cancelled his return to nellis and eventually sent him).

Best of luck - with anyplace you will get used to it.  Outside of shitty schools, too many people, too many CA plates and their operators/passengers, and costs rising like mercury in the opening scene of Farenheit 451, it isn't all that bad.

Best wishes and all the luck

V
OUT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top