Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 12:10:12 PM EDT
I haven't been to the Convention Center in several years.  I'm arriving 0830 on Friday.  Should I go to the LVCC parking lot or is there a better idea?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost wonder if it would be better to park at a Strip Resort  for free and take the monorail over for a small fee?  Paradise is a tough street to get out of at 5-6:00pm.  The hassle factor has got to be worth the Monorail fee?
Heck, you could always read some of your gun pamplets on the ride back!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Park in the lot on the west side of Paradise.....

It isn't that far of a walk to the entryway.

The parking signs in place say $5. Not sure if they will charge for the parking or not.

I think the monorail is just as much with their new fare.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a few options if the LVCC is full,

Park behind the Stardust,1/2 mile walk.

Park on Sierra vista Between paradise and swenson,1/4 mile or less.

The Sahara hotel has free parking in the Garage but it's probably going to be full,monorail or 1/2 mile walk.

Options further south from hotels.......MGM and PARIS have free no validation parking,direct connect to the monorail.

Flamingo,Harrahs have direct connection to the monorail along with IP but you may have to validate.

Mandalay Bay,Luxor,Excaliber,New York have free parking but your going to have to do the free tram to Excaliber, and walk over the the MGM for monorail  access.

The Belagio, Ballys,Paris, Monte Carlo and New York will be the toughest points to get transportation from when it gets busy.

If your really creative take a cab from the airport to target,buy mountain bikes........terminate your cab ride and hit your destination from there,use the bike to get back and forth from the LVCC and back to your hotel..........YES they will VALET them.

Take Cabs cause it's pretty convienent,If you want 24/7 door to door,I'm a hack and it's cool to cut lines,titty bars,steaks and an honest ride.

LMK with an IM.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#5]
will start the bidding for my handicap sticker at 20 bucks........
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I have always parked in the West parking lot across from the LVCC (where the Landmark Hotel used to be) and I have never had any problem.

They monitor the capacity of the lot every few minutes, so if they say there are no spaces don't be discouraged. You might have to drive around the block a few times, but you will get in because people are always leaving.

I think there is also paid parking at the Beach Nightclub, located on the Southwest corner directly across from the West parking lot. I don't know what they charge, but I do know there is a multi-level parking structure.

On the other hand, parking at a Strip resort then hailing a cab might be a good way to go too. The cost might be a little more, but you'll get "door to door" service with very little walking.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey HBS,

Are you comin' down for the SHOT Show?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
na im not. why go and tempt myself. i need to work and save some cash so i can buy the things that will be coming out of there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#10]
anyone know if they charge vendors for parking also?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I always park at the Hilton and just walk through.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife drops me off and picks me up.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My wife drops me off and picks me up.  

Best parking solution yet!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
anyone know if they charge vendors for parking also?

In my experience, yes, but unless the company you work for sucks, you are usually reimbursed.  Make sure you keep the stub to file the paperwork to get your $5 back later.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top