Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Nina Radetich wasn't home but her on air partner Kendall Tenney was. He invited me into his house and I spent about 20 minutes explaining the AWB to him, he of course was under the impression that the "ban" banned the guns and when the "ban" expired the guns became available again. We went into all areas of gun control too, how gun control equals racism, I brought my gun control statistics with me showing how free states measure up to Wash DC and Chicago. I also had the UK and AUS stats with me, all printed out from .Gov websites.

One question I asked him was why is the gun such an issue in this killing of one person and when the guy drove his car on the Strip sidewalk and killed 10 people a couple months ago I didn't hear it called an assualt car or didn't see a report done on how dangerous that car was, they concentrated on the driver of the czar not the car. The killing of this officer should be focused on the criminal not the gun.

If anyone catches Kendall on News 3 let me know what he says, he will probably say his insane pool guy should be locked up.

Bravo!!!! Good job WP!!!
Nothing like reporting when you are clueless to the facts and a great point about the car.
If they continue the B.S. reporting please pee in their pool next time.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nina Radetich wasn't home but her on air partner Kendall Tenney was. He invited me into his house and I spent about 20 minutes explaining the AWB to him, he of course was under the impression that the "ban" banned the guns and when the "ban" expired the guns became available again. We went into all areas of gun control too, how gun control equals racism, I brought my gun control statistics with me showing how free states measure up to Wash DC and Chicago. I also had the UK and AUS stats with me, all printed out from .Gov websites.

One question I asked him was why is the gun such an issue in this killing of one person and when the guy drove his car on the Strip sidewalk and killed 10 people a couple months ago I didn't hear it called an assualt car or didn't see a report done on how dangerous that car was, they concentrated on the driver of the czar not the car. The killing of this officer should be focused on the criminal not the gun.

If anyone catches Kendall on News 3 let me know what he says, he will probably say his insane pool guy should be locked up.

Bravo!!!! Good job WP!!!
Nothing like reporting when you are clueless to the facts and a great point about the car.
If they continue the B.S. reporting please pee in their pool next time.  

Hell ya, good job WP! And I agree with the pool thing, too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

One question I asked him was why is the gun such an issue in this killing of one person and when the guy drove his car on the Strip sidewalk and killed 10 people a couple months ago I didn't hear it called an assault car or didn't see a report done on how dangerous that car was, they concentrated on the driver of the czar not the car. The killing of this officer should be focused on the criminal not the gun.

Did he seem receptive??  Or did he blow you off??  He's from Texas and seems like a reasonable guy.

This is an E-mail I just sent to General Manager over at channel 8:

I am forwarding this message that I sent to your anchor, Gary Waddell, earlier in the day.  I am very disappointed in your company for allowing this type of "coverage".

I would also like to know why there are several links to the Brady Campaign on your website.  This is a one sided political organization and I find it very odd that a "news" website would post this.

http://www.klastv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4442110&pass=1#poll52074  This is one of links to your website that has the Brady Campaign links.  One in the "Assault Rifle" poll, and another near the bottom left of the page in the "Also on KLASTV" area.

All of this points to an agenda by your station, and is very stressing on your journalistic integrity.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 10:29 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Showing your true colors

"Another problem are copycat assault weapons. According to a report from a group called the Violence Policy Center, Nevada, Arizona and Utah have the largest concentration of these copycat manufactures in the country. They make mostly cosmetic changes to banned weapons and then market them as "post-ban" guns."

This statement shows to me you have a blatant bias against firearm ownership.  Quoting a self admitted anti-gun group (but not mentioning that fact)  in an article that is supposed to inform the public is very telling.  I also noticed that there is no information from the NRA or any other pro-gun group in your article.  You also make the presumption that weapons are a "problem". This is in fact a statement.  You should be reporting the news and facts, not making judgments on them.

It also shows your lack of knowledge of firearm law.  The Assault Weapon Ban went by the way side in 2004.  There is no such thing as "post ban" in Nevada any longer.  Yet "post ban" guns seem to be very important in your article and relevant to the story, which they are not.

"The gunman used a high-powered, low cost knock-off assault rifle in Wednesday's deadly shootout."  

Yet you fail to mention what that weapon was (make & model), whether it is legal to posses (for law abiding people), how he received it (i.e. through legal channels or on the street), and whether or not he was eligible to legally posses a weapon due to his criminal past.  In which case he was already violating the law by possessing the weapon.

Your job as a "reporter" (have to laugh) is to report facts that occur on the incident at hand.  The inclusion of these totally unrelated facts and opinions have shown me that you are in fact a "commentator".  The fact that you are so uniformed and biased on this topic forces me to question your competency to do the job you have, and the reporting that you and your company do on all other topics.  I will relegate you and your companies broadcasts to that of color commentary which is useless to me.  I will no longer be watching.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice job Wolfpack.

Hopefully they will correct their errors - of course they said it already, and the gun-grabbers are already running with it...

Lem
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Wolfpack:  I like your car analogy too.  Can I use that one?

Also, could you post links for the Gov. websights that you got your stats from?  I think that they would be very useful to those of us that are trying to get out the truth.

Thanks

Nina had a piece on tonight about assault weapons.  Wasn't too bad, but I think a WP talk would be good.  

Good to here about Kendal Tenny.  I always liked his reporting.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"The gunman used a high-powered, low cost knock-off assault rifle in Wednesday's deadly shootout."  

I'm definately not on Gary's side or channel 8's side. I was very disappointed in their coverage. However, I'd like to point out that the above are Sherrif Young's words, not the reporters. He uses the words "high-power" and "low cost knock-off" in his press confrence.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Wolfpack:

I guess I spoke too soon.  Tell Nina Rabbitshit to go to hell.

I just finished watchin the channel 3 news (11pm) - ANOTHER hatchet job on "assault" rifles - they are too easy to get, the ammo is "military grade", and so on.  Did you know those guns were not available for sale until last year?  

I guess "news fact checker" is a position that no longer exists.

The icing on the cake was that cocksucker Montoya flapping his gums about the availability of weapons from any source, except HIS STORE - the bastard is sure not doing us any favors...

Lem
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wolfpack:

I just finished watchin the channel 3 news (11pm) - ANOTHER hatchet job on "assault" rifles - they are too easy to get, the ammo is "military grade", and so on.  Did you know those guns were not available for sale until last year?  

The icing on the cake was that cocksucker Montoya flapping his gums about the availability of weapons from any source, except HIS STORE - the bastard is sure not doing us any favors...

Lem

With 2nd amendment friends like this jackball we don't need enemys.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Can you tell us when Nina will be laying out at the pool?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Lem

One news report said the rifle used to kill Officer Prendes was an SKS. They showed a quick picture of a Yugoslavian SKS (Type 59/66), with a Grenade Launcher Adapter, Quadrant Sight and Blade Bayonet.

The rifle in the media didn't appear to have a fixed, protruding 10 round magazine, and I could swear that I saw a well instead of a fixed magazine. If the creep that killed Officer Prendes used an SKS rifle in the shooting and he modified it to accept detachable magazines that would be a crime in itself.

Big-5 Sporting Goods has these rifles on sale all the time for $159.00 - $179.00. Anyone who has graduated Guns 101 knows that an SKS is not an "assault rifle" it is a "self-loading carbine."

Aside from the AK's, SKS's, and AR type rifles (which are all formidable weapons) I still think a skilled shooter utilizing an M1 Garand with a ammo pouch full of 8 round Enbloc Clips would definately be a major force to be reckoned with. But then again what do I know.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top