Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 9:07:59 PM EDT
First off, Joe, I want to thank you for the beers last night.  If any of ya'll get a chance to sit around with Joe to converse and down a few beers you'd find yourself in good company.

Which brings me to this:

Last night while over at Joe's, Cops was playing on the TV and it caught our attention as it was a Las Vegas episode.  So here's the scenario:  A meth head (of course who claimed he was sober) having been seated comfortably in the back of a radio car for having allegedly kicked in somebody's door and demanding they return his kidnapped wife, the handling LEO tells the suspect he was lucky as he could have been hurt, that the residents could have shot  him, and not only could they have been armed and shot him, that they could have been armed with a "magnum."

Ok, I give.  Are we talking 32 H&R Magnum, 357, 41, 44, or perhaps the seldom seen 45 AutoMag?  Maybe a 22 WMR, 222 Rem Mag, a Remchester, one of the Weatherbys, the ultras, or latest craze of "mine's shorter than your's" magnums?  What about the venerable H&H series or the more exotic Laupa and Norma magnums?

I just need to make sure, should the case arise that I must call metro to report a man with gun, that I will have the proper Metro-nition of a magnum.

Or maybe I'm going down the wrong track here and the officer was referring to the possibility the suspect may have been clubbed with an oversized bottle of cheap-assed champagne.  And yes it would have been a cheap-assed bottle because looking at the victim's apartment, a current vintage bottle of Cristal would likely cover two month's rent.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
No Prob Bro,

It was a real pleasure to see you home safe and sound to share some "barley pops" and just shoot (figuratively speaking) the shit. The camaraderie doesn’t get any better than hangin’ out with you.

Once again, Welcome Home Soldier!

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just need to make sure, should the case arise that I must call metro to report a man with gun, that I will have the proper Metro-nition of a magnum.

Metro-nition.... I'm gonna remember that the next time I go to Wal-Mart to buy ammo.

Metro-nition

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#5]
In my house Magnum meant Python till I found those MAGNUM condoms in my son's room................GO BOY GO.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Isnt that a big bottle of champagne
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top