Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 4:38:07 PM EDT
Packing.org seems to be off line at the moment, but that is what I'm coming up with.

I also didn't know they had handgun registration in Vegas. That's nice.

Do I need to worry about anything? I'm staying on the strip for a few days starting wed. and will only have a G27.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey lqsunshine,

Contrary to some popular beliefs Nevada DOES NOT recognize any other states' permits.

Something else to think about is this: Clark County Code states that all handguns after being in Clark County for 24 hours must be registered. Although this is the law, I hear that it is seldom enforced on tourists. On the other hand an overzealous LEO can apply the law and confiscate your handgun(s) and cite you if you do not possess a "Blue" gun registration card.

If you were to register your handgun(s) with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department you will be legal to have a fully loaded and ready to go handgun, within reach without a CCW permit under your seat, in your center console, in the glove box, etc. Note: This is prohibited in North Las Vegas and Boulder City.

You cannot have a handgun in a fanny pack, briefcase, backpack, laptop case, day planner etc. anywhere in the state unless first obtaining a CCW permit.

Here is the link for gun regristration info in Clark County LVMPD Gun Registration This ink also provides a list of Substations were you can register your gun(s).

If you would like my personal opinion I would register any handguns you will be traveling with. It only takes a few minutes and then you will be able to have the gun in your vehicle with you. Just one less hassle to have to worry about i.e confiscation/getting cited.

JimMayhugh, another board member can also help answer your questions on this issue as well. Jim always has good information.

Hope this helps.

Joe

ETA: Oh yea, enjoy your stay in Las Vegas!.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. How long is the registration good for?

I knew you guys were close to Kali. but not that close.  Vegas is one of the only places you need to CCW.

Gambling, Brothels, Mobsters..... but registered handguns?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The handgun registration is valid forever (unless you sell the gun).

As far as "Gambling, Brothels and Mobsters..." We still have gambling, brothels are in Northern Nevada (not in Clark County).... And Mobsters... Oh well, they are long gone. I will say this: When the "Mobsters" were here we had less crime and more "comps" to dinners and shows.

An era gone by to say the least.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Well done, Joe, and on MY OWN behalf; THANK YOU!!
I've grown tired of these redundant threads (gettin' old 'n cranky), and wish we had an informative sticky.......maybe this one could be it and I wouldn't have to grind my teeth so much exerting self-control
to avoid a sarcastic response.  C'mon, Wolfie; make this a sticky.......
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#5]
As for the registration, I have yet to see any tourist registration for a firearm. They are usually given an info. packet and turned away.

If you are concerned, the registration process is usually a short ordeal.....just avoid the Southwest or southeast substation.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Sometimes a broken leg or 2 gets the message across quicker than anything else.

Are there any gun shops close to the strip I can go to while the "ball and chain" shops?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Gambling, Brothels, Mobsters..... but registered handguns?

I'm pretty sure the gambling establishments and hookers are registered, right?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

As far as "Gambling, Brothels and Mobsters..." We still have gambling, brothels are in Northern Nevada (not in Clark County)....

As a resident of Nye County, and interested in tourist revenue, let it be known that brothels are available in Pahrump, Beatty and several points north along Hwy 95.

No need to go very far to spend your money.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The handgun registration is good bad, but remains valid forever (unless you sell the gun).

semantics ......
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As far as "Gambling, Brothels and Mobsters..." We still have gambling, brothels are in Northern Nevada (not in Clark County)....

As a resident of Nye County, and interested in tourist revenue, let it be known that brothels are available in Pahrump, Beatty and several points north along Hwy 95.

No need to go very far to spend your money.

I extend my humble apologies to all Pahrumpians:

I should have mentioned Nye County for prostitution and then said "up North." I am not 100% incorrect though, because, Nye County, being the biggest county in the state extends North to the central part of Nevada.

Anyway, sorry for leaving you guys out.

My bad.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The handgun registration is good bad, but remains valid forever (unless you sell the gun).

semantics ......

You are correct Sir,

The word should have been 'valid' instead of good.

Thanks for the heads-up there Gryphie, correction made.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As for the registration, I have yet to see any tourist registration for a firearm. They are usually given an info. packet and turned away.

If you are concerned, the registration process is usually a short ordeal.....just avoid the Southwest or southeast substation.

I have been sending my students to South Central and Southeast. From what I hear both are usually not very crowded and most are in and out rather quickly. Of course, if there are a lot of PR's filing complaints/reports then the wait might be longer.

I registered a handgun last week at Southeast. There was only one other guy filling out a report and he was being helped by someone else. I signed in at 1803 hrs and I was out by 1820. It took all of 17 minutes. Then again it was in the evening and maybe I just got lucky.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

et tu, Brute??
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#17]

What "alien"???? That was YOU inside the window........
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top