Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 9:18:25 PM EDT
I'm going to be starting a job in Winnemucca this July.

Can anyone offer any info on the area, specifically good gun shops, places to shoot, etc?

Thanks.

JOE
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I live 130 miles from Winnemucca, so I don't know too much about it other than what I see passing through fairly regularly.

Winnemucca is big enough for a Wal-mart, but not big enough for a Supercenter. It is however, the largest town within about 100 miles.

In Nevada most people just go out in the desert to shoot, as 80% of the state is public land.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Winemucca is a great little town....Ive partied there as a guest to the WildBunchMC whos website I do. I also do 3 websites for the city of Winnemucca. Some of the best fishing in the state is about an hour and half away. Lots of places to go shooting.........must be a gun shop or 2 in town Ive never looked. I live in Reno but go to Winnemucca ever so often...mostly for Run-A-Mucca partying. I do the Run-A-Mucca website also. Winnemucca is a great party town and believe me they know how to party. Its the wildest place Ive ever been. They have some cool yearly events...Mule Races LOL which I do the website for...Fifties fever which I do and getting ready to do another for the city. Nice people there, you will like it depending on what you like to do...its all there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be starting a Family Practice clinic for Humboldt General Hospital.  I suspect I'll get to meet a lot of people through work.

Everyone I've met from the town so far was totally friendly.  When I initially met the administrator of the hospital, he asked what I like to do for recreation.  I mentioned cautiously that I like to shoot a little.  He then says, "Do you have a .50 caliber?  Those are cool."

I liked the fact that even people who aren't into shooting don't mind guns.  People I've met from California look at me like I have two heads when I mention guns.

With luck I'll get to meet some of you guys for a shoot when I get out there.

JOE
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep...damn nice people in winnemucca. Ive met some of the cities people when i had long hair...didnt bother them at all. They put me up in a motel and paid for my trip.....I wouldnt mind moving there myself. Its a lot closer to the Nevada I like and enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
cool little town,the Cat House is right off of I-80 how convienient You did say 'places to shoot'
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
OLD TROOP..................I'll find you this year at RUN A MUC.  I got 4 rooms at the Winner's.  Week's vacation, Harley's are purring and the rain gear is ready for the bugs.    

1337DO.I lived there for years in the 80's.  You could shoot right out of town, hunt alot north of town and at Elko.  They alwayed needed good medical help, so I wish you the best there.

Also IM sent..................
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OLD TROOP..................I'll find you this year at RUN A MUC.  I got 4 rooms at the Winner's.  Week's vacation, Harley's are purring and the rain gear is ready for the bugs.    

1337DO.I lived there for years in the 80's.  You could shoot right out of town, hunt alot north of town and at Elko.  They alwayed needed good medical help, so I wish you the best there.

Also IM sent..................

Yeah I'll be there this year. Im always a guest of the WildBunchMC and friends with lots of Hells Angels...president of the Nevada Hells Angels is a very good friend of mine. So Im usually partying with those guys. I dont drink but they still out party me LOL. Actually there a bunch of real nice guys. Keep in touch and we will try and get together while your there for a quick visit. Ever do the CatHousePokerRun, the Nevada Reno Hells Angels put on every year at street vibrations???? I go out to the whorehouse and take pics for them of the bikes to put on the website. The president of the Hells Angels owns the Mustang Ranch/OBR, its a nice mellow atmosphere out there. Ive got free passe LOL but I dont use them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Winnemucca is a cool fuckin town. your in the heart of nevada and theres tons of hunting that way. also you can drive ten minutes out of town and shoot all you want.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, we did THECAT HOUSE POKER RUN.  Rode from Winnemucca to Reno with some Hells Angels that had a room above us.  They flipped us off at the off ramp and we said we would meet this year.  As the time nears, I'll find out to look you up...............
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#10]
CJ-Browns, the hardwear store.  Will order anything you need.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
CJ-Browns, the hardwear store.  Will order anything you need.

You need to stock up at the HARDWARE store before going on the CATHOUSE POKER RUN?????

Sounds like I need to start coming to this party!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I go to the whorehouse and take pics for the website.(the CatHousePokerRun is put on by the Hells Angels and the pres. of the club owns the Mustang Ranch where the main party is held).....thousands of bikes turn out for the run. Its an all day thing...live band and dinner. Bikes coming and going all the time. Beleive it or not the best looking bikes are Hells Angels bikes.....and there all built for speed. Played bouncer a little last time...had to keep guys from going down the halls where the girls rooms are LOL....best one this yaer was a really young very nice looking girl...she comes up and asked where the bathroom was....I told her and she turns around to walk away...oh yea...she had chaps on and nothing else...nice damn view LOL. But you see that all day out there.......great party.

CatHousePokerRun WebSite
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top